Thirteen: Nobody Gotta Know

"Take the time with me tonight, you should come with me tonight,  we can feel the free tonight, Nobody Gotta Know."

// Jack POV \\

"Hey Jacky!" Isla waves excitedly at me.

"Hi!" Ava, Dad and Sydnie say smiling.

Although I only called them a couple of days ago it's really good to see them. Being away is the only downside of tour.

"Guys," I begin. "I've got something to tell you and someone for you all to meet."

"Who? Who?" Isla asks impatiently.

"Hang on!" Sydnie interrupts. "Tell us what first."

"Is the thing related to the person?" Ava asks.

"Yup," I nod. "I wa-"

I get interrupted several more times by my sisters and mom has to tell them all to shut up at least twice before I can actually talk.

"I want you guys to meet my girlfriend," I say. I move the camera over so that we're now both in the frame. "Guys, this is y/n. Y/n this is my family. There's my mom Kristen, my dad Darrin, and Sydnie, Ava and Isla, my sisters."

"OMG!" Ava says excitedly.

"Finally!" Sydnie smiles.

"That's what I said!" Corbyn yells.

"Hi Corbyn," Sydnie replies with a laugh.

"You're pretty," Isla says shyly.

"Thank you," y/n replies with a blush. I smile. I'm so happy they all like her.

"It's nice to meet you y/n," says Dad.

"Hello y/n," Mom greets her. "I'm glad that Jack has finally found someone, I can tell that you already make him very happy. When did you meet?"

"Oh, uh, last night..." I reply.

"That makes sense," she says to me before turning her attention back to y/n. "Last night Jack's messages home seemed a lot happier than usual. I know you're having a great time touring Jack but I also know that you miss home a lot and you've not been feeling the happiest all the time. I'm glad you've found someone who makes you happier."

// Jonah POV \\

After Jack hangs up the face time call with his family, we start to eat the barbecue food that y/n's dad cooked. It tastes really good. I eat so fast that I'm basically inhaling the food.

"Did you want any more?" Y/n asks laughing after I've finished my third burger.

"Nah, I'm good thanks," I reply with a smile.

"Why don't we make a campfire," y/n's mom suggests after we've all finished eating.

"Ok!" Y/n nods while the rest of us agree with her.

"Let me get my guitar!" Daniel jumps up and runs into the house to go and get his guitar from the bus.

It takes him barely more than a minute to return with the acoustic guitar that he always keeps with him on the bus and he sits cross-legged on the grass. Y/n and her parents get up to find things to set up and campfire while Liza, the rest of the boys and I form a circle by where Daniel is sat tuning his guitar in preparation.

"Which song should I play?" He asks us.

"Can you play something that I can sing along to for y/n?" Jack asks. Daniel nods in agreement. "Wait, does anyone know her favourite song?"

"There's this one song that I always hear her humming," Liza says quickly.

"Do you know the name?" Zach asks gently.

"No, but I know that it sounds like this," the little girl replies. She begins to hum Nobody Gotta Know and Daniel quickly plays a couple of chords along with her.

"Thanks Liza," Jack smiles, then he turns to us. "Can you guys help me out singing it?" he asks.

"Sure," Corbyn nods. "How are we gonna do it?"

We talk for a little while about how we want to sing. After a bit we stop talking about it and change the subject of the conversation because y/n and her parents return and we don't want to ruin the surprise.

Once the campfire is set up, everyone gathers around it in a circle to keep warm. Kate has brought out a bag of marshmallows so we toast them on the open fire.

"What are we singing first?" Y/n asks.

"Well actually, I wanted to sing you something first," Jack replies smiling at her. As he takes her hand Jack starts to sing.

"Take the time with me tonight, 
you should come with me tonight,
we can feel the free tonight,
nobody gotta know."

Then Daniel begins to strum the first chords and I sing my part alongside Jack. Y/n's face lights up as she quickly recognises one of her favourite songs. When we finish Jack quickly kisses her lips causing a blush to spread across her cheeks.

"I love you," he whispers. It's barely audible but I faintly hear because I'm sat next to him. I watch y/n whisper the same words back to him, the blush still visible on her face.

// Y/N POV \\

After the boys have all gone back to the bus to sleep, I brush my teeth and wash my face in the bathroom before heading back to my own room. I change into an oversized to shirt and some shorts because it's too warm for anything else and sit on my bed to brush my hair thinking over the last forty eight hours. Two days ago I was preparing for the concert and I was so incredibly excited to finally see these five boys live and even more so to meet them. Now here I am two days later day on my bed at home, now girlfriend of Jack Robert Avery and best friends with Jonah, Corbyn,  Daniel and Zach with their tour bus parked outside of my house. That certainty escalated quickly. I'm really sad that they're leaving tomorrow.  I doubt I'll see them for ages. Although I know that my family is going to stay in Spain in a couple of weeks. Maybe it'll be the same time as the boys are performing there and I can go and see them. I'm also pretty sure that my parents have been secretly planning a trip to America for sometime next year because I've seen the tabs left open looking at flights to LA.

I fall back on to my bed to try and get some sleep however that proves pretty impossible when there's a million dreams keeping me awake.

----------

Woo! I feel like quite a bit happened this chapter but maybe that's just because it took me so long to write it. I hope you liked it! Also thank you so much for over 1500 reads and sorry I haven't been updating as much. I normally like to have parts pre written, I'm tying to write part 16 but it's taking me a while which is why I haven't updated as much.

- Lucy♡

[word count ; 1148]