Chap. 06: Star Wars Au

Days passed and after Ford returned from a mission, Dipper went back to talk to William.

D: Chan... William, We've just received a report from Master Stanford. He has engaged General 8 Ball.

W: We can only hope that he can overcome the challenge.

D: I... I should be there with him...

Dipper sighed and William smiled sympathetically and his body emanated a reassuring and warm glow.

W: It upsetting to me to see the Council doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talent...

William caressed Dipper's arm and his body turned light blue, as if to follow Dipper's emotions instead of his.

W: Don't you wonder why they won't make you Jedi Master?

Dipper looked away from William's gaze who hadn't realized he had stared all that time.

D: I wish I knew... more and more I get the feeling... that I am being excluded from the Council...

Dipper took a deep breath and continued to talk.

D: I know there are things... about the Force... that they are not telling me...

William hugged Dipper to reassure him then they released the embrace and William took Dipper's hands in his.

W: They don't trust you Pinetree... they see your future... they know your power will be too strong to control... you must break through the fog of lies the Jedi have created around you.

William began to accompany Dipper to the door. His smile widened but the Jedi couldn't figure out whether it was the creepy one like that at the show or a warm and reassuring one as his body returned to its usual yellow.

W: Let me help you to know the subtleties of the Force.

D: How... how do you know the ways of Force?

W: I have experienced them since I was a child with an... old friend of mine... even the nature of the dark side!

William stared at Dipper with a look that made his blood run cold.

D: Y-you know the dark side!?

W: Tsk, Pinetree, if someone has to understand the great mystery... one must study all its aspect, not just the dogmatic narrow vision of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a large view of the Force!

Dipper took a few steps back to get away from William.

W: Be carefully of the Jedi, Pinetree... make a deal with me.

William approached Dipper who found himself with his back to the wall.

W: Only through me you can achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force...

William came closer and closer to Dipper and then he whispered in his ear while he purred.

W: And you will be able to save your dear sister from certain death!~

Although William walked away from him, making again his sympathetic smile, Dipper remained still, unable to move a muscle.

W: Use my knowledge, please... I want to help you, I don't want to see your face streaked with tears or even only with a sad look...

Dipper recovered enough to be able to move and to unsheathe his lightsaber despite he was continuing to shake.

D: You-you're the Si-sith Lord... YOU'RE BILL CIPHER!

B: Exactly but, please, listen to me, I know what's been troubling you. Don't continue to be a pawn of the Jedi Council!

His body continued to change color as if he couldn't decide which emotion feel or shown.

B: ... Ever since I've known you, you've been searching for a life grater than that of an ordinary Jedi. A life of adventures and knowledge.

William began to walk around the room while Dipper followed him with his lightsaber, not knowing what to do while the anger began to boil in his veins and his grip on the sword became stronger. Will... no Bill too was a liar. He too had hidden things from him. Even he wasn't worthy of his trust... nobody was! TRUST NO ONE!

When William gave him his back, he sighed.

B: Are you going to kill me?

D: I would certainly like to.

Dipper heard him giggle lightly.

B: I know you would!~ I can feel your anger! It give you focus... it makes you stronger!

Dipper stared at his sword and turned it off, closing his eyes to keep his tears of anger and his voice began to tremble.

D: I-i'm going to turn you over to the Jedi Council...

William sighed again and turned around, becoming light blue without looking at Dipper.

B: Yes... you should... but you're not sure of their intentions, are you?

D: I will quickly discover the truth of all this.

William looked up to look Dipper in the eye and tried to grab Dipper's arm but he stepped back.

B: You have great wisdom Dipper...

The Jedi shivered feeling his real name being pronounced by him instead of his nickname after so long.

B: Know the power of the dark side, the power to save Mabel.

Dipper turned and started to go toward the door then he stopped.

D: You were the only one I've ever trusted besides my sister... I think I even started to feel something for you but you betrayed my trust... goodbye William.

Than he ran off in search of Wendy Corduroy, a member of the Jedi Council.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

842 words

11/02/18