Naughty

Lynn paused from the act of swallowing her drink. Her eyes narrowed, and the polite smile vanished from her face. Her mouth parted as she recognized him. Alexander. Alexander Skye. He didn't have a face—or presence—that could be easily forgotten. The only thing about him that had changed since the last time she saw him, six years ago, was his expression. Her heart bounded in her chest, and her hands began to shake. Inexplicable warmth swept over her body, warming her, chilling her, making her clench her thighs as a wave of arousal gushed through her.

She gasped and looked away from him. "Oh, shit," she murmured to her drink, her hands tightening on the glass.

"What happened?" Lynn's friend Janie whispered into her ear, noting that her face had paled and then turned red. She was dreading something—that was pretty obvious.

"Nothing," Lynn whispered back, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.

She was used to it—the attention. Apparently, a blonde with blue eyes was always attracting interest. When she had shrouded herself in ill-fitting clothes and surrounded herself with books, she hadn't been the recipient of attention everywhere she went. Now, it was the norm. She had a successful career and a comfortable life. She had the time and the inclination to focus on other things. At the wedding rehearsal—which for most of the guests was a college reunion of sorts—she had spent the last half hour receiving compliments. She was embarrassed, but her old classmates were shocked to see the renovated nerd.

The reaction of Alexander Skye's narrowed eyes as he recognized Lynn was affecting her differently. She wasn't embarrassed, but she was excited in a way she didn't want to be excited. He had always been drop-dead gorgeous, distant even when he sat a few seats down the row in class. She had no idea why she was so affected by the sight of him. No man had ever made her feel like this. She couldn't even remember where she had last laid eyes on Alexander Skye.

Janie murmured something about needing the ladies' room, and Lynn nodded at her absentmindedly. Without meaning to, her eyes returned to where Alex had been sitting. The chair was empty. She glanced around, trying to be discreet, but with adrenaline pumping through her, she didn't care if anyone noticed her agitated urgency.

"Hi, Lynn."

She jumped, and her breath escaped in a rush. Turning around, she swallowed to quench the sudden dryness in her throat. Calm down! But one look at his face made her shake all over. Now she knew why she was quivering and breathless. Alex was looking at her with an intimidating intensity in his steel gray eyes. "Hi," she said.

He extended his hand. "I'm Alexander Skye."

Lynn choked back a laugh at the notion that someone wouldn't recognize him. "I know," she said. She shook his hand briefly. His palm felt alien and new and special. Her hand was suddenly tingling.

He had always been like this—impeccable, confident, and picture-perfect. Instinctively, she evaluated his expression. Friendly? Yes. Flirtatious? No. But her navel knotted tightly, making her squirm in her seat.

"I'm flattered that you remember me," he said softly.

Lynn melted in her seat at the throatiness of his voice. "Of course I remember you."

"You look..." He paused, then shook his head, his brows raised as his eyes danced over her. Unashamedly, bluntly, his gaze roamed over her bare shoulders, the strapless bodice of her dress that clung to her breasts, and lower to her legs—which were crossed.

She swallowed a pant. She couldn't believe that Alex was looking at her this way. It was scandalous, almost wrong.

"Different," he finally completed his sentence.