Prologue

If I had to choose words to explain my life: Chaotic, scary, and one heck of an adventure. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to not read the story because of all the horrific troubles you'll find in the future pages. Go ahead, put it down.

You're still here? Well then, I'll introduce myself: I'm Cody Hunter. Or Rogers. Or Carter. Whichever you prefer.

You could also call me Kid America. That's who I'm known as to practically everyone that doesn't know my real name. I'm a hero, yes. Apparently a great one, at that.

If you haven't read the previous books (which I recommend you do so), you wouldn't know who I was, or who I am now.

I was just an average teenager with no parents. My life was... normal, I suppose. But that all changed one miraculous night. I was getting mugged when, all of the sudden, I punched a guy. The punch threw him back at least 20 feet.

It was scary at first-- especially when I discovered HYDRA was searching for me. The Wrecking Crew, who was working with the group, nearly killed me when they kidnapped me. Thankfully, the Avengers found me in time and brought me to the S.H.I.E.L.D.. They kept me safe. And during the process they became my best friends.

It was all fun and games until I discovered the truth about myself and who my father truly was: Steve Rogers--Captain America. He didn't know about me until I learned about the truth.

We made amends, saved each other, and twinned with our shields.

Me and my dad matched with our suits as well. He kept joking about it. I couldn't decide why I laughed--because it was stupid or I was embarrassed for wearing the same suit as my dad.

Anyways, after that, HYDRA got a hold of me. I lost my memory, which was scarier than anything I had gone through in my years alone in the world.

During that time, my dad was brainwashed. He thought he was some HYDRA goon who loved Madame Hydra.

Yeah, that was awkward.

He remembered much, much faster than I did-- without help. I, on the other hand, was a mess. My friends Wade Wilson, and TWO (The Wild One) helped me the most. They saved me.

When I remembered all of what I missed, I hunted down HYDRA. I wanted TWO to help. I went on a search to find him, only to discover he signed his own death grant by going to challenge Galactus: the World Devourer. He ate planets like apples. Scary, right?

But, even though TWO's wasn't there, I attacked HYDRA. Alone this time. I didn't want anyone to get hurt from my doing. They were to be safe.

I did say it was going to be a challenge, right? I didn't? Oh. Well, you're about to read the worst part

-DECEMBER 23, 2013. ATLANTIC OCEAN-

The metal hallway felt moist as the HYDRA guards walked by. There was two, and they would both be easy to handle, since it was dark.

Creak.

The two soldiers halted in their tracks. The carefully glanced around, thompsons in their hands. They soon heard a whirring sound, but didn't hear the end of it, since they were on the floor.

I stepped out of the shadows, glancing at the two unconscious guards, before grabbing my shield from the ground. I continued stalking the halls.

After about ten more minutes I saw more guards. I decided to not introduce them to my shield, staying in the shadows until they pass. It didn't take them long, and I was soon stepping into a room with a door labeled Missile Command.

The room was larger than I thought it would be. Bright buttons and neon lights surrounded the dark-lit room. In the center of the room stood a desk that was surrounded by televisions and computers of all different shapes and sizes. I swanned over to it silently, seeing how no one else was around. My eyes scanned all over the controls and keys.

Soon I turned the largest computer on. It required a password. I typed in the first thing I could think of:

Hail Hydra

It was accepted. Not exactly the smartest password. But, hey, if they could remember it, kudos for them.

I searched through all of the HYDRA data and files that were in the base. All their secrets were in my hands-- weapons, defensive gear, armor, transportation, but most importantly, the coordinates for the rest of their bases. I shoved my hand into the side pouch of my uniform, holding a hard drive. I inserted the drive into the side of the computer in a slot, downloading everything onto it.

After several minutes of searching, I hear footsteps from the hallway. I quickly go to hide in the dark corner, hard drive in hand. I could see two shady figures enter the room. One of them spoke in a familiar Hungarian accent-- Madame Hydra.

I gritted my teeth and decided to stay. No matter how disgusting, or disturbing, her words were, they would most likely be important.

"And when will you be starting to hunt?" Viper's vile voice voiced.

The other dark figure turned to look at her. The man was tall and muscular. His arm was metal, which made him easier to search for when the time came, I assumed. "Soon." He replied. It was a man, and his voice was deep. "Very soon."

What was he going to do?

I looked at Madame Hydra's computer screen, seeing the plans I just copied. They stopped talking, so I decided now was the best time to leave before I got caught.