Sunshine

"Favorite color?" he asked

"Yellow," she said. Not a hint of hesitation in her voice. The look on her face making him a little bit crazy... All of her making him a little bit crazy.

The freckles on her nose, the way her short hair barely reached her ears, the beautiful brown of her eyes.

"Can I ask why?"

"I thought it was my turn to ask a question," she laughed. She had a cute laugh. He was very glad to hear it.

"Come on," he pressed. "Please tell me?"

She glared at him for a moment, and he could tell that she was finding it very hard hard to tell him no.

"I mean... do I really need a reason to like it?"

"Not necessarily, but I feel like you're the type of person who does."

He smiled at her. She smiled back.

"It's nothing special really," she said looking down. "I just love how happy a color it is. Like sunshine and monarch butterflies and mangoes. Plus I'm a Hufflepuff so I may be a bit biased." She tucked a piece of her short hair behind her ear.

"Interesting," he laughed. "I'm a Gryffindor myself."

"Have you read the books?"

"I've seen the movies."

"I mean duh," she said. "I've seen the movies too but that's not what I asked you. Have you read the books?"

"Is that really going to be your question? You don't have that many left." He tried not to laugh. The look in her eyes told him that she was dead serious about this. Cute...

"Dude you have to answer! Those are the rules."

She was pouting. Pouting. Like he didn't already have enough trouble looking at her without accidentally smiling.

He tried to swallow the knot in his throat but it was proving to be really difficult... Luckily, she didn't seem to notice.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Have you or have you not read the books?"

"As a matter of fact I am currently halfway through Prisoner of Azkaban," he said. "And I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me any spoilers."

She smiled a toothy grin.

"Nice! That's when it actually starts getting interesting."

"You think so?"

"I mean the first two books are iconic but if you ask me a little slow paced... I think it's because J.K. Rowling was still working on world building so she didn't have much space to work on the overall plot of the story as much as she did the plot of each book. But by Prisoner of Azkaban you start getting more backstory and mystery and things start clicking together a lot more."

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to keep reading and see." He couldn't hold his smile any longer. She was driving him crazy.