Chapter 3: Schedules

"Oh look! We have Herbology together!"

Maggie and Leo were in the Slytherin house common room. They were going over schedules, their first day, and just talking. It was late, and everyone decided to go to bed early.

Maggie yawned and stretched her arms above her head. After she did so, she said to Leo, "Shouldn't we go to bed? I don't think I should even be here."

Leo looked up from their schedules sprawled out on the table and raised an eyebrow while curving his lips into that smile. "What's wrong with you being here?" he questioned.

Maggie giggled, in spite of her exhaustion. "Well, I'm just saying," she replied. "I'm in a different house. What if we get in trouble? On the first day?"

Leo smiled and said in defeat, "Yeah okay. We should get some rest for tomorrow anyway."

He stood up and started gathering his things, and Maggie did the same. While they were doing so, Maggie inquires Leo "Did you know that us Ravenclaws have to answer a riddle to enter the house?" Leo looked over to her.

He answered with, "Yeah, actually! Sounds cool, I'm jealous."

Once they had both finished, Maggie and Leo said goodbye to each other. They then proceeded to do their secret handshake. Clap on opposite hands twice, kick each other's heels thrice, rock-paper-scissors, both end in rock, fist bump, boom, clap clap. It took them ages to figure it out when they were younger, but now they've got it memorized.

"See you tomorrow!" Maggie called, waving, before leaving the common room. Leo waved back.

As Maggie approached her painting it asked, "If a man has a bee in his hand, what's in his eye?"

Maggie yawned and answered immediately, "Beauty." That one was easy. The painting opened up, leading to the common room.

She went in and headed for the stairs. She went up to her dorm, expecting everyone to be asleep. However, as she opened the door and crept in, slowly closing the door behind her, she almost screamed out loud when she saw a curly brown-haired girl with tan skin sitting on her bed, looking right at her.

"Where have you been?" she whisper-shouted.

Maggie exhaled in relief, clutching her chest. "Jordan!" she exclaimed. "Don't ever do that again."

Jordan got up, and her light blue nightgown sprawled out as she stood. She sighed and apologized. "Sorry," she muttered. "But I didn't see you here, and I wanted to make sure you were okay. I almost told Professor Flitwick you were missing! You don't ever do that again."

Maggie put a finger to her mouth to indicate that they needed to be quiet. It was late, and everyone was sleeping! She walked over to her table and put her stuff down, muttering "I'm sorry too, I was just with someone."

"Who?" Jordan replied.

Maggie sighed and faced Jordan. "Just a friend from another house. We were going over schedules and talking. That's all," she clarified. She turned back around, looking in her trunk for her nightclothes.

Apparently that wasn't enough for Jordan. "What's her name?" she asked, softly.

"His," Maggie corrected, not looking back at her. "And his name is Leo."

Jordan smiled. "Oooh," she chimed. "A guy, huh? So what's he like? How long have you known him?"

Of course. Everyone assumes that Leo and Maggie like each other, or are dating, and so on and so on. Can't a guy and a gal just be friends?