Chapter 18

Sarang's P.O.V:

An Eater comes from my side and pulls me down. Screaming, I throw my pole involuntarily.

"Argh..." The Eater falls to the ground.

Finally, the sensation comes back to me. I try to ignore what my pole is stuck in (Eater flesh) and swing it in a circle, sweeping all the Eaters off their feet. Surprisingly, they get up again. I guess that's what Hoseok means by, "They're stronger."

Just then, I notice Taehyung leaning on a wall.

"Tae! Untie them!" I shout.

It's then when he stumbles forwards, clutching his arm that got stabbed. His face is ashen-white and his natural golden skin has sunken in tone to something so lifeless it scares me just to look at him. The blood's gushing out. Really, really fast. So that's why. Now, I have to do this all by myself.

How?

How?!

I swing my pole and hit away the last Eater. Running to the others, I untie them and grab a knife laying on the floor. I help Taehyung and toss him into Jiwoo's arms. I then stab the knife between all the Eaters and say, "Eater kebab anyone?"

It's funny, after all this, I still have the guts to make a joke. Everyone shakes their heads and there is an aggressive raising of thumbs down. I stifle a laugh. That's the first time in ages, I've laughed.

Then I realise the pain-filled silence coming from Taehyung, eyes wide in pain. I urgently unwrap his wound. Ew. It's disgusting looking. And that's just putting it nicely. With blood-stained hands, I peel off the gauze.

"Get water!" I ask.

Jungkook tosses a water bottle. I grab it and spill it all over the wound. Jiwoo comes rushing, "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," He stumbles.

He's trying so hard to hide the pain, he's shaking. I sigh, knowing that even if I say he's not, all it would start is a fight. Instead of objecting, I help him up, "So where to now?"

Taehyung takes a while to respond. I can tell he's using all his energy. Finally, he comes up with something.

"That way, E-Eaters are there but it's o-our only way to e-escape," He points and mumbles, barely managing to keep his eyes open.