❀ Chapter 2 ❀

Poppy's POV

I don't understand. Why does Branch keep on hiding, urging caution and warning that the Bergens will soon come and get us when these creatures haven't even showed up for years? Why won't he just try to relax and accept the fact that we Trolls are now free from the torture we once encountered from the nasty Bergens?

"Well, uh, let's all continue making our scrapbooks!" I ordered cheerfully right after Branch leaves the scene.

Everyone obeyed and continued doing their own scrapbooks as if there wasn't any argument a while ago. Still thinking about Branch's situation, I gave a big sigh.

My dad, King Peppy, happened to be walking around when he suddenly noticed his daughter having a different mood—which is unusual. "Poppy? Are you stressbooking again?" Dad asked, approaching me.

"Not really stressbooking, Dad." I uttered. "I'm just—y'know—worried about the situation of my people." I added with a titter.

"Or specifically from someone?" Dad said, giving a slight smirk.

I gave a titter and pursed my lips. "W—what do you mean, Dad?"

Dad sighed and layed his hand on my shoulder. "I know you've been concerned about this gray troll these days."

I puckered my lips again right after I sighed. "Well... I—I do, dad. I just don't really get it. Why he can't just be happy with us? I mean, why is he gray? I feel irritated about his actions yet I feel guilty for the maltreatment he receives for being gray. I know this is wrong, dad."

"So..?" Dad raised his eyebrow and tilted his head, as if he wants me to say what I wanted to do.

"So..." I paused for a moment, trying to think what to answer. Not any longer, I gave a big grin, finally knowing what to say. "I want to help him find true happiness!"

Dad held and shook his head. "Ugh, not again, Poppy..."

"But dad," I replied, moaning a bit. "He's a Troll, and I don't want him to be left out. I know the spirit of happiness is still in him, he just needs someone to help him find it. No Troll left behind, right?"

King Peppy let out a sigh. "Alright, if that's what you want to do."

"Yay!" I exclaimed, quickly giving him a big hug. "Thank you, Dad!"

"Anything for my precious daughter," he answered with a smile. After unraveling from the hug, I suddenly had my eyebrow raised as I see my Dad look at another view. I looked on where he's facing at and quickly had my eyes being greeted by the captivating and handsome purple troll who's perpetually wearing his cute and ever-positive smile.

"Greetings, Your Majesty," the aforementioned troll said.

"Oh why hello there, son!" dad answered, trying to tease me.

"Dad!" I whispered, elbowing him a bit that made him chuckle.

"And namaste, Princess," the purple troll greeted, kissing my hand.

I gave a giggle and haven't noticed that I was blushing. "Hi, Creek."

You might be confused who Creek is. Well, he's just the most charming, the most positive, the most handsome, the sweetest and the most admiring troll in the world! He's a zen and a yoga teacher whose main goal is to spread positivity. I don't know why, but everytime I see him, I always squeal!

Well, that's probably because I have a massive crush on Creek. Besides, who wouldn't fall in love with a good-looking troll who always make you feel cherished and special?

"May Poppy and I be alone together for a moment, sire?" Creek asked dad politely.

I bit my lip and secretly squealed in excitement as I hear him say the words "be alone together".

"Of course, my son," dad answered, his eye giving a wink at me before he would give Creek and I a moment.

"Are you alright, Poppy?" Creek worriedly asked right after dad leaves. "I saw what that Branch did to everyone a while ago."

I puckered my lips and nodded. "I'm fine."

Creek shook his head and said, "what he did is wrong. He shouldn't continue his habit of scaring people about the bergens."

"Creek, I know he's not scaring people. Maybe he's just concerned about our condition—"

"Poppy, you're protecting Branch's side again."

"Not really protecting his side, but, what I'm trying to say is that...what he's doing is not completely wrong."

Creek let out a sigh. "Okay. I know there's nothing really wrong with it. But sometimes, right things that we wanted to happen doesn't come up like what it seemed when we do it the wrong way."

"I guess you're right," I replied, pursing my lips, and then I felt Creek's warm hand patting my shoulder, giving me a bit of relief.

Creek has a point. Branch's warnings are getting too much. And that's how I thought of helping him resist on being too cautious and disconsolate.

"By the way," the purple troll said, trying to change the topic to make the scene brighter. "I want to show you something."

What he said excited me. "What is it?"

Creek held my hand gently and covered my eyes with his other hand, making me titter and have a sudden blush on my face. We walked slowly towards a place, with me having slight trips while I was walking, until we stopped at a certain area.

"Here we go," Creek uttered, slowly removing his hand from my eyes. He grabbed a folded paper and as he opened it, right in front of me popped a big, ravishing and variegated scrapbook with a mini version of me and Creek holding-hands in it, as it sang the words "thank you, Poppy!"

"Wow!!" I exclaimed in astonishment.

"I know, right?" Creek answered and gave a chuckle. "I did this to tell you how important you are to me. Thank you."

"Aww," I said, giving a big smile in appreciation. No words can express how happy I am today! "Thank you, Creek!"

Creek extended his arms and we quickly gave each other a tight hug.

Branch's POV

"Piece of crap," I groaned after seeing Creek trying to impress Poppy again with his "applesauce".

I really want to make a scrapbook for Poppy to tell her how special she is, but that would probably lead me into trouble.

Oh no, no, no. I don't want to make a scrapbook, and especially to tell Poppy she's special.

But this Creek is trying to make his moves and boast his non-existing handsomeness to her when I'm a lot more hotter than him! Why does Poppy even like that shit?

Out of curiosity, I moved closer to where those two lovebirds are and tried hiding under a bush when a single step on a branch made them disturbed and turned their eyes on me.

"Branch!" Creek greeted. "What a surprise!"

"Branch?" Poppy uttered, raising her eyebrow in curiosity. "W—what are you doing here?"

I hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to say. "Um, I—I'm just, uhh...scratching my back, that's all," I said, giving a titter.

"But why are you right in front of us?" Poppy questioned.

"Or maybe he's just trying to protect himself from his nosiness," Creek added, giving a slight smirk on me.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Pshh, as if I have care for you two at all."

I quickly stomped away, leaving the two trolls behind. Ugh, damn it.