Test of Tests ✔

"It was fun! We had a great time, captain!" Gon said as he shook hands with the captain. Right now, we were on the dock, saying goodbye.

"I had fun, too. Oh, Right! As my token of my appreciation, I'll you some advice. Look. See that big cedar tree on the hilltop?" The captain pointed at a tree at top of a hill and we both nodded, "you should make your way there first. It's a shortcut to the exam site."

"A shortcut? So, I just need to head for that tree! We'll do that, Captain! Thanks! Bye! Take care!" Gon said as we ran off to where Kurapika and Leorio were waiting for us. Once we met up with them, the two of them were looking at a large map of the place.

"Huh...that's strange. According to the notice I received, the exam is supposedly being held somewhere in Zeban City. Right now, we're here." Leorio said pointing on the map. "That tree is in the opposite direction." Leorio said.

"Perhaps you misheard him?" Kurapika asked us.

"No, he definitely told us to head for that cedar tree." I trailed off as I looked behind me from feeling a pair of eyes on us but there was no one.

"I see..."

After a small agreement, we all decided to head for the cedar tree, after all. And we ended up walking down a "creepy", quiet alley. Then we were stopped by a door opening. We saw a cart and some people with masks come out and in the middle of the kart was an old lady sitting.

"You four are heading for that tree on the hill, correct? To reach that tree, you must pass through this town. I shall administer a single-question quiz. You'll have 5 seconds to state your answer. Give the wrong answer, and you're disqualified. You'll have to give up on taking this year's Hunter Exam." The old lady explained to us.

"I see. Then this is part of the Hunter Exam." Kurapika said.

"Your answer will be either the number 1 or 2. Any other answer will be considered incorrect." The old lady said. We looked at each other and frowned a bit.

Leorio and Kurapika were having a small argument as usual but they soon settled it thanks to Gon. Then we heard a voice that we didn't know.

"Hey, there. Hurry it up. Or else I'll answer the question first." A man said.

I looked back at the man and glared at him. "So you're the guy who was following us from the port. Man, you're bad at concealing your presence." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Che. Sorry, little girl. I happened to overhear your conversation." The stranger said.

"What will you do?" The old lady asked and I sighed.

"He should take it. Then we could know what kind of question to expect from." I answered.

"I agree." My friends said.

"Here is your question...Evil villains have captured your mother and lover. You can only save one. Select 1 for your mother, or 2 for your lover. Which will you save?" The old lady asked the stranger and he pressed the button in front of him.

"The answer is 1." He responded with no hesitation.

"Oh? Why do you say that?" The old lady asked.