Farewell

When NADINE entered her apartment, she was half-expecting to see James' wide grin greeting her. Cliche it may sound, but James running up to her and picking her up, and carrying her to the bedroom, where they spend the night lovemaking, wasn't a bad idea too.

However, expectations crashed into reality.

The apartment was dark and empty when she walked in.

"James?" She called out, hoping he was still in the bedroom or the study room.

But there was no response.

He promised that he would wait for her. Did he suddenly change his mind? Realizing that this arrangement was stupid and wrong?

Can't he send a text or something? Telling his whereabouts at least, so she wouldn't have to worry like this!

Then it dawned on her. She slept with an engaged man who had a baby.

What the hell was she thinking? She seriously invited him for coffee? At 3 AM? Maybe he subconsciously planned this. Seduce the poor man into sleeping with her.

She felt sick and guilty about what she has done.

Has she lost her morals?

'You sound ridiculous, Nadine. I pity you. Are you expecting an engaged man to be loyal to you? Come on now. He's engaged and expecting a baby!'

'There's no competition. Julianne had already won.'

Placing her hand on her head, she was getting a headache from all these thoughts bickering. Tears started to prickle in her eyes, but she didn't want to give him that advantage. She wasn't going to cry for him.

After all, the suffering and pain that she was feeling were all her fault. She allowed him to hurt her.

She allowed him to let him in.

The sunrise was about to set, and Nadine still couldn't sleep. Her cheeks were wet from all the tears that she tried to stop last night. She was staring at the wall as she lay down on the bed.

Still, she can't get him off her mind.

Her other thoughts said maybe she was overthinking and getting too attached and emotional.

Jumping to conclusions? Maybe James had to do something important, so he had to leave.

Forgetting to text you? It's the 21 century, and it is so easy to text her. Stop making excuses for this man.

Shaking all the negative thoughts away, she sat on the bed, rubbing her eyes. Determined to see James tonight.

She didn't care about what her other thoughts were yelling at her. She was going to see him.

As she remembered, he was willing to leave his fiancé for her.

   ୨⎯ ⎯୧

Pain

Betrayed

Regret

Those are the three emotions that James was feeling at once.

He went home that night to drink his misery with a glass of scotch as he cried his heart out.