1

Early morning - a few months before Freed.

The telephone rang in the background of her apartment, but she didn't bother to answer it, not unless it was his ringtone and it wasn't. They hadn't seen each other in a long time, and Universal was trying their best to set all these ground rules, especially when Freed was about to drop in a few months. Sighing heavily, as she picked off a piece of lint from her pants, she got off of the couch and went over to where her cell phone was. Several missed calls from the studio, some from Erica, and a few others. None that were important. Rolling her eyes and groaning at what kind of nonsense they wanted to say now was driving her nuts. How much more of this bullshit did she have to deal with, before one or both of them caved in? She wondered to herself. A pop up showed on her phone, announcing a new voicemail. Groaning she decided to press play to see what it was about.

"Hey Dakota it's mike from universal. We just wanted to touch base with you Jamie about the promo for Freed. We know that uh... you two want to be together. And..."

"I'm not listening to this bullshit." She muttered under her breathe, before looking at the contacts in her phone, and landed on Jamie's name. She knew it was going to be late in London, but frankly she didn't care and she wanted to hear his voice. Pressing the call button, she prayed silently to herself that he would answer. After about the fifth ring, or so it felt like it was, it seemed like he had picked up on the other end.

"Mm 'ello?" Came the sleepy voice of the Irishman. She sighed inwardly, knowing he had been asleep, and she had just woken him up.

"I'm so sorry Jamie. I didn't..."

"It's kay." The rustling of sheets could be heard in the background and another sound occurred as well. It sounded close to a bedside table lamp, but she wasn't for sure. She knew the inside of his apartment very well. After all, they had taken turns of sleeping over whenever they got the chance. "What's wrong, love?" Jamie asked, his accent sounding deeper than usual, but she knew that was only because he had been asleep beforehand.

"I miss you so much." She told him, as she walked over towards the window and looked out at the city before her. The LA skyline was definitely different than the one in NY.

"Is there a but to this?" He asked in a teasing voice. She giggled a little, knowing her all to well.

"Universal called."

"Bloody buggers need to fuck off."

"Jamie."

"No Dakota. I won't take anymore shit from them. Enough of is enough." He said, an almost growl in his voice.

"What do you mean?" She asked, suddenly feeling herself feel enclosed and to the point of hyperventilating. She never knew what to expect from these phone calls, even though he always promised her that she was his world. Zeppelin came running over towards her, and looked up at her. She knew that he was worried about her. Patting his back, picking him up, and walking over towards the couch and sitting down on it.

"Baby, what I mean is..."

"Are you breaking up with me, Dornan?" She squeaked out, tears pricking at the back of her eyes. The faint sound of a cuss word could be heard on the other end, though she wasn't sure if it was because of her or because of something else.