Chapter 3

Oil & Water.

Two substances made of different compounds of the periodic table that refuse to mix together in perfect harmony. Just like Dean and the torturous thoughts that linger throughout the remnants of his memories on a constant basis.

He wanted to drown the fighting memories of his heart with the substance called alcohol. However, the burning sensation in the back of his throat made the entities of his inner self grow stronger with every sip Dean took.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Dean mumbled to himself, putting his drink down on the bar counter before rubbing his temples with fustration. Dean squeezed his eyes shut tightly and all he saw was the flashing memories of his past life intertwine with one another in a frenzy full of suffocation.

Flashback

After the past months of his father leaving the family with a bullshit story of fakery, Dean's mother fell into a pit of a darkness he had never seen before.

Before the incident occured, his mom always had a smile, always in perfect health but most of all confident in herself and her accomplishments. She always use to take Dean to the park across the street from their apartment and flounder around the grassy land without a care in the world, without a speck of unhappiness.

However, when her husband left her behind, her entire world shattered. Despite her little soldier Dean Ambrose being there for her in her times of darkness, she couldn't help but push her own son away, fearing he would abandon her as well.

She didn't want to get her heart broken again or live in a world full of disappointments, she just wanted to feel like herself. Soon enough, this led to a daily dosage of multiple drugs. With that adrenaline rush and illusions of false images of what the world truly looked like, she felt like herself.

But that drug ended up taking her to her deathbed faster than healing herself. When Dean came home from school one day, he found her passed out like usual but this was different. "Mom?" Dean asked, trying to shake his mom awake but when his hands laid onto her wrists there was no pulse.

"No,no! Mom, I can't lose you too" Dean cried, continuing to try to shake her from her slumber, hoping this would just pass and she would awaken from the haze his own mother was trapped in. But no such luck would transpire.

End of Flashback

Dean wiped his nose on the sleeve of his leather jacket as tears slowly stopped in their wake. He placed the money he owed on the bar table before getting out of his seat and walking out the bar doors.