F(x)

f(x) (/ˌɛf ˈɛks/; Korean: 에프엑스, rom. epeuekseu) is a five-member multi-national K-popgirl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2009. The quintet composes of Chinese leaderVictoria, Taiwanese-American member Amber, Korean members Luna and Sulli, andKorean-American member Krystal.

Introduced as "Asia's Pop Dance Group" on September 2, 2009, they released their debut digital single "LA chA TA". In November of the same year, they released their first single album Chu~♥.Then in May 2010, they released their first EP Nu ABO to growing popularity. After the members expand individually in the entertainment industry and the return of member Amber from hiatus (in June 2010), they returned with the their first studio album Pinocchio, released in April 2011. The lead single off the album gained their first music program win and was their first song to win the triple crown that led to its first repackaged album "Hot Summer", on June 2011 which led the group to fame and popularity.

A year after, they returned with their second EP Electric ShockElectric Shock reached the number one spot on both the US and Canadian iTunes electronic albums chart soon after its release. The lead single off their EP gave the group multiple recognition in the music industry. Electric Shock holds the record as f(x)'s song with most music wins.

In March 2013, they became the first Kpop group to perform at 2013 SXSW South By Southwest. After 13 months from the release of Electric ShockPink Tape, was released in July 29. The group received critical accalaim & huge success, most notably being described "experimental, steeped in quirky, boundary-pushing electronic sounds with woozy harmonies", thus being the only Kpop album released in 2013 to be ranked as "The Best 40 Albums of 2013", by Fuse TV, an American music channel. Rum Pum Pum Pum swept all 9 Korean charts soon after its release, and most notably, the song ranked #3 on billboard's "20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2013".

A/N ;

Credit to : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F(x)_(band)