Never Broken

It had been over a week since the 'Big Break Up', and Jimin decided it was time to talk to Jungkook. He needed to apologize, needed Jungkook to forgive him, to not hate him. 

They had just returned from dance practice and had about two hours til their next scheduled appearance on a popular radio show to promote their newest album.

Jimin took a deep breath for courage before slowly approaching the maknae. 

"Um, Jungkook, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Now? But hyung  we have to get ready for the radio show."

"It won't take long. Please."

Jungkook heard Jimins voice waver a bit as if he was fighting not to cry. He knew what his hyung wanted to talk about, Jin hyung told him about Jimins feelings of guilt and his need to talk to him. 

Jungkook felt bad for Jimin hyung, as he never meant to make him feel guilty. He didn't blame Jimin for what happened between him and Taehyung. 

"Sure hyung. Privately? "

"Please."

Jungkook nodded and led the way to his room.

-------------------

Once inside Kookie closed his door and went to sit beside Jimin on the bed. They both sat in silence for a moment before they both suddenly spoke at once.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't blame you hyung."

Jimin looked up at his maknae in slight surprise.

"Y-you don't? "

Jungkook shook his head.

"Of course not hyung you did nothing wrong. I admit I was jealous of you, but not because of anything you did, it was because of Taehyung hyungs love for you, the attention he gave you. I mean, he treated you more like his boyfriend than he did me." 

Jungkook put a hand on Jimins shoulder as he continued. 

"Hyung, I never believed for a minute that you would willingly try to take Tae away from me. Your love for me wouldn't allow you hurt me like that. It was never you hyung, it was Tae's love for you that I envied."

Jimin was struggling to hold back tears.

"I- I'm sorry Jungkook, so very sorry."

"It's okay hyung, you have nothing to be sorry for. You didn't make Taehyung love you like he does. You were just...you, and who couldn't love you Jimin hyung, I do."

Jimin looked up at Jungkook through the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I was so afraid you hated me."

"You're a pabo hyung. How can I hate you when I love you. Even if you are short."

"Yah Jungkook!" Jimin shouted as he grabbed a pillow from the bed and tossed it at the laughing maknae. 

"So...we're still friends?" Jimin asked.

"Always."

Jimin threw his arms around Jungkook with a bright eye smile.

"Thanks Kookie. I was so afraid our friendship was broken for good."

"It was never broken hyung."