Chapter I: O Beloved Thalia

Alexander
Train. Train. Train. Don't stop training. I need to train. I must train. If I even stop for a second, I will have failed everyone. I have to protect them. I SHALL protect them!

I was trembling, I was scared. Before me stood Paige with her chokuto, Kuzuri, in her hand. Why was I scared, she is just my sister.

"What is the meaning of this sister?"

She looked up at me, her jet black hair and green eyes, no different from my appearance, we were twins after all, this should not surprise me, but it terrified me, why? As I observed her, she slowly bent down and got on her knees.

"What are you doing Paige?"

I slowly began to walk towards her, but she was much faster than me. Kuzuri had already pierced her insides before I even reached my second step.

"Paige?!"

I ran towards her, tears were filling my eyes, blinding me in the process. I was still able to find her body.

"Paige why?!"

Paige was gone, her soul was gone, What remained was her body. A shell. As I look down to see her face one last time, she was gone. Completely gone. All I could see was a reflection of myself. I was in my battle gear, a black shirt reinforced by chainmail and black trousers with brown straps around them. Worse of all were the bandages that covered my hand all the way yo my forearms. The were a reminder of the monster that I was.

"You bastard! You killed her!"

I couldn't help but scream at myself, for I have failed Paige and father.

"Alex."

"Huh?"

I could hear a distant voice. It was a bit angelic.

"Alex."

"Paige, is that you?"

"Alex, you dumbass, wake up?"

All of a sudden I was pulled back into reality. It was a dream, yeah, a dream. I glanced over at Paige, she was still alive, thank the gods. Anger slowly filled me though, if something did happen to Paige, it would be my fault. I have to train so it won't happen. Once we arrive at Potentia School for Magicians, I will train.

"Alex are you ok? It seemed like you were having a nightmare."

It's ok Paige, I'm fine."

Cocern would paint itself upon Paige's face as if it were a canvas.

"Ok, whatever you say, but if you need to talk, I'm here for you."

Paige looked out into the land from the window of the carriage. She was looking upon the meadows, she always loved to travel. We were chosen to become the New Guardians of Thalia and she was excited. She would finally be about to travel all of Thalia. According to the ambassador, there are only three guardians so far, wonder who is the third?