eleven

There was that pain again. Something that I would never forget every single time I looked that way.

"Is it really that sad?" Tae said, handing me tissues.

"Yes! It's really sad!" I whimpered, blowing my nose. This was my third time watching The Fault in Our Stars and I couldn't help but cry.

"I can't believe I'm still sitting here, watching this with you." Tae sighed, pulling out more tissues for me.

I couldn't even reply, I was just crying my eyes out. After the movie ended, we decided to go out for a walk with the kids. Sometimes we just needed a break from everything and just needed to relax.

"Guys! Let's go out for a walk!" I shouted.

Taeguk and Taeho came running down the stairs with their hoodies on. We put on our shoes and walked outside to the nearest park. Taeguk and Taeho walked in front of us, the siblings holding hands. Tae and I looked at each other with warmth and smiled.

"Yah, do you guys want ice cream?" Tae asked the kids.

Taeguk and Taeho shook their heads and continued walking. That wasn't like them, usually they'd be the ones asking for ice cream. Tae and I shrugged it off and continued walking. I looked up at the sky and saw the stars shining bright.

"Guys, look up." I said.

Everyone stopped and looked up.

"They're beautiful." Taeguk whispered.

I immediately thought of one of my close friends that passed away recently. He worked so hard to achieve his dreams. I found the star that was the brightest and smiled. I hope you're doing well, oppa. I thought.

We continued walking and eventually arrived at a spot with picnic benches. Our family sat at the closest one, staring up at the sky.

"Is there something wrong, Taeguk?" Tae asked.

Taeguk looked surprised when Tae asked her. She looked down at her clasped hands and sighed. She didn't say anything for a while so I spoke up.

"It's okay Taeguk, you can tell us anything." I said, putting my hands on top of hers.

Taeguk looked at Taeho and he nodded, what were these two siblings up to?

"I got in trouble at school today." Taeguk whispered.

Before Tae and I could say anything, Taeho spoke up.

"It's my fault! I got into a fight with some boys but Taeguk defended me." Taeho said.

I didn't know what to say, they were never like this. Tae and I always taught them their manners and if they were picked on, then how they should deal with it. And we always told them that they could tell us anything.

"Thank you for your honesty, you two. It must've been hard for you to tell us about it." Tae said.

"Are you two okay though?" I asked.

They nodded and looked at their clasped hands. I looked at Tae and we both wondered how we would deal with this.

"Why did you get into a fight, Taeho?" I asked.

"They were making fun of Taeguk." he mumbled.

Taeguk looked surprised when she heard his reason. A smile immediately lit up her face. She hugged Taeho and mumbled some words into his ear. Whatever she said also brought a smile to Taeho's face.

"But Taeho, you do know that fighting is wrong right?" Taehyung said.

Taeho nodded, "I know, I won't do it ever again. I'll control my temper."

I let out a small laugh when Taeho said he'd never do it again.

"You better make sure that doesn't happen again! Don't be like your dad who got into multiple fights back in high school!" I smiled, ruffling Taeho's hair.

Taehyung smiled and nodded. Man, has it been long since we went to high school. Taehyung and my phone buzzed so we took it out to check who messaged us.

"Another school reunion?" Tae sighed.

"Eomma, appa, you guys can go, we can hang out with our friends." Taeguk said.

"We'll think about it. I'm not really fond of those school reunions anyways." I replied, tucking my phone back into my pocket.

"Now do you want ice cream?" Tae asked.

The kids smiled and nodded. We went to the convenience store to buy ice creams for ourselves.

"Hyejin?" a voice said.

I turned around to see Namjoon standing there holding two cups of ice cream.

"Namjoon!" I smiled, giving him a hug.

Namjoon and I got close ever since Tae's dad passed away. Whenever I'd had problems with Tae I would tell him and he'd help me and give me some good tips to deal with him.

"Hyung!" Taeho smiled, giving him a hug.

"Ay, what's up man?" Tae said, patting Namjoon on the shoulder.

"I'm just buying ice cream." Namjoon replied.

"For two people?" I asked, eyeing the two cups he was holding.

I looked outside and saw a girl sitting on the bench, looking up at the stars. I looked back at Namjoon and raised one eyebrow.

"Um, yeah, two cups... um, yeah. Um..." he stuttered.

I laughed and walked outside to the girl.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Are you Namjoon's friend?" I asked.

She looked surprised when I approached her but she smiled and nodded.

"Ah... take good care of him for me!" I smiled.

She slowly nodded and smiled. I walked back inside and approached Namjoon.

"She's nice." I smiled.

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled shyly.

This guy.

———————————————————

A/N

Hi guys! I feel like this fourth book is going nowhere so I'm probably going to discontinue it or finish it in the next chapter.

But I am working on another book... it's a Jimin fanfic! Please let me know if you'd read it!!

Thanks for reading!