Bound by Chains

The slow thud of heavy footsteps came through clearly through the eerie silence. Shadows danced across the floor of the forest, the crows wailed making the outside seem reasonably frightening. The trees were bare of leaves and the grass was more yellow then green. The town inside the forest was small and few dared to go in to the woods.

In the woods, about 4 miles away from town a mansion stood on top a steep hill. It was old and weathered worn from the many years of being empty of hosts. Brick covered the outside, black shingles covered the roof like hair on top of a head, vines carelessly made there way up the wall of the house, and the windows tinted with grime.

Around the house a black cast iron fence wrapped around the house along with trees bare of leaves that stood at 12 feet tall and higher. Dark clouds had a permanent spot in the sky. People avoided the house for these reasons. Not even sunlight would dare to touch it's grounds.

It's been empty for eons...Well, not until now....

Dead Man Manor has been empty for over 200 years of living occupants. When Elizabeth 'Liz' White and her family move in to the Manor, Liz knows that through its thick walls it has dark secrets. She always feels watched and she sees dark shapes in the corner of her eyes but disappear in a matter of seconds. And the room down the hall that is always locked for some reason.

When notes are tucked under her pillow she starts getting the felling of ghosts... But do ghosts have fangs?