Part 1

I was walking out of math. Math is definitely my favorite class. maybe it's because I'm a huge nerd, or maybe it's because its the only class I have with Dab. Dab and I have been best friends basically our whole lives. He's also my only friend... besides my cat, Pancake. 

Dab has always been the popular one. He has more friends than he can even count. I've only met a few of them... But they weren't my type. They were too loud and obnoxious. Of course— Dab is too. But he knows how to control it. Dab is really great at art and expressing himself, which is how I assume he makes so many friends. But Dab makes sure that I always feel included, which is nice. Most people just forget about me and leave me alone. Which of course, I don't really mind. That just means I have more time to read and study. 

But recently, I think I started liking Dab more than a friend. Everything about him is so... perfect. The way he walks, his voice, his curly and usually very messy hair... I might be going crazy. I know I could never tell him though. He's had a girlfriend for almost 3 months now. There's no way in hell he'd ever like guys. He's straight as an arrow.

"Hey, Evan! Do you want to come over today? I need some help studying." Dab ALWAYS need my help studying, but I don't mind. It just means I get to spend more time with him.

"Yeah, sure. But make sure to actually bring your notes." 

"Yeah, yeah. I will." Dab smiled, waved, and walked to his next class. God... I love that boy so much.

I followed Dab into his cool as fuck room. He has the coolest wallpaper and his room is just so simplistic. He doesn't really have anything in there besides his bed, a desk, and an easel. Dab is a bit of a minimalist when it comes to things he owns. Dab sat on his bed and opened his notebook. 

"So, we have a math test tomorrow, don't we?" Dab looked at me.

"Weren't you paying attention in math? Mr. Smith only talked about our test and what it would be about." I said.

Dab shrugged and looked at all his notes that I took for him, "You know I never pay attention. My mind is too busy to think about boring things. Anyways, I didn't just want you to come here just to help me. You know how Chelsea and I have been dating for nearly four months?"

"Yeah... what about it?" Chelsea was one of the prettiest girls I knew. She has long, straight brown hair and bright blue eyes. 

"She told me that we should break up." Oh. So that's what he wanted to talk about.

"Why? You and Chelsea seemed perfect for each other." 

"She said that I talked about you too much. And that I hang out with you too much. She seemed really jealous." Dab was now looking at me.

"Oh... I'm really sorry about that..."

"It's okay, Evan. Most girls are annoying anyways. They require a lot of attention. Maybe I should try dating guys." Dab laughed and looked back at his notes.

"Guys are nice." I smiled. I'm pretty sure Dab has figured out by now that I'm gay. It's not like I try to hide it, though. 

"Exactly. Girls are nice too... but I just think that they're for me. Too much effort. I don't know what they want. But with guys, I think its easier to bond with them and get to know them. Maybe that's why we're so close!" Dab laughed again. 

"Maybe..." I tried really hard not to blush. How is Dab so cute?

"Anyways, there's something else I wanted to tell you." Dab looked at Evan

"W-what is it?"

"Well... I really don't want to make anything awkward, but I really like you! I love your personality and they way you look. Everything about you is great!" Dab smiled once again.

"...Y-you do?" I could not believe what I was hearing. Nothing about this seems right...

"Why would I lie about it?" 

"I don't know.... but..." I looked at Dab, "I-I like you too!"

Dab looked really surprised for a second. Wasn't it obvious that I loved him?

"Good! I'm glad we feel the same." Dab kissed my cheek. I must have been blushing a lot because Dab was laughing. He's so damn cute...