I Love You So

The cup of coffee burnt your hand, you recoiled away, and blew gently at the beverage, trying to cool it, just enough for you to drink it. Your dull (colour) orbs flickered at the ringing bell that signaled a customer, but your gaze didn't linger on the stranger, you had no business with whoever it was anyways. Humming to yourself, you attempted, once again, to pick up the cup of coffee, much more successful this time.

"You waiting for someone?" The question caught you off guard, and you gave a sideways glance to the owner of it. A male, he didn't seem much older than you, if anything you could take him for a few years younger.

"What?"

"You, are you waiting for someone?" He didn't bother waiting for you to answer as he slid across from you, setting his stuff down, it was a scone and coffee, nothing special.

"Well aren't you the pinnacle of patience?" A smirk found itself to rest on your features, and the male let out a dry chuckle.

"Only if it isn't a bother." He responded, thumbing the rim of his cup. "You don't sound from around here, you visiting?" He asked, changing the subject rather abruptly, although in his defense there wasn't much in the way of his intrusion.

"We have a true Sherlock Holmes with us here, now don't we?" You laughed before continuing. "I just moved here, Needed a change of pace. A real change of pace, ya know?" You took a long drink from your cup, draining it halfway.

"Well, I can tell you that if you need to slow down, England has you covered. Nothing much happens around here. Especially in Durnham." He shook his head, but a smile tugged at his lips regardless.

"Well... what about you? What's your name?" Leaning back in your chair, you let your gaze slip to the window. The weatherman had warned you of a downpour this morning but Jesus it looked like it was going to flood the town.

"Pretty bad weather huh, something new to you?" He asked, as if proud of the killjoy rain.

"Like America doesn't have it bad. I lived in Washington before coming out here, this is nothing." Your attention returned to the sandy blonde. "And you still haven't told me your name, or are you intentionally trying to avoid the question?" It seemed to catch him by surprise, perhaps he just hadn't heard you the first time.

"I'm Niall, what about you?" He asked, his pale green eyes seemingly glued to you as he bit into his scone. You hesitated for a second.

"(Name), I'm (Name)." You grinned, and the male-Niall let out a joking scoff.

"Even your name sounds American." He said coolly, watching as you nearly choked on your drink.

"You asshole! It does not!" You laughed, holding a hand to your mouth or risk staining your clothes.

"Yeah- but it does!" He argued, as if challenging you.

"Yeah well 'Niall' sounds like the name of a..." You paused, "A twat!" Niall seemed to go quiet for a moment, but you could tell he was trying to hide his laughter.

"That was a horrible insult." He stated quietly at first. "You sound like some British weeaboo, you didn't even pronounce it right." He grinned at you, showing his humor to the joke.

"Oh, well I don't give much for how I pronounce it." You rolled your eyes, which caught the clock, placed neatly on the wall. "Well Niall, it's been a pleasure, a good ten minutes, but I'll have to go, honestly I probably shouldn't have left the house only half unpacked." As you got up, the male seemed to mimic your actions, as if hesitant to lose your presence.