Love, Preston

~3 Months Later~

The first day of my junior year arrives. The weather is still sweltering hot so I'm sweating buckets at the bus stop. There is no shade to shield me from the rays of the sun either so I end up chugging almost a whole bottle of water while waiting. Finally, I see the dreaded yellow monster appear down the road. I actually rather be on the way to school right now than waiting for that stupid bus, which should say a lot.

Normally I would ride my bike but, well...

The bus arrives and I run across the road to hop on. I know exactly where I'm going to sit, or rather, who I am going to sit with. Smiling, I see Preston near the back with his hand slightly raised like he's unsure if he wants to wave or not. Upon seeing that I've spotted him, he gets this goofy smile on his face, his teeth coming out to bite at the bottom of his lip.

My boyfriend is damn cute. Suddenly, I'm not all that bothered about school.

"Hey," Preston says the moment I take a seat next to him. If I manage to get a car this year I am so driving us to school but since I can't do that yet I guess taking the bus is ok, it's some extra time I get to see him in the morning!

"Hello, is your mom picking you up after school?"

Preston nods, holding his backpack a little tighter in his lap. However, he's not frowning and it shows how much our talks about his parents have helped him over the summer. Preston's parents "officially" divorced only about two weeks ago. His dad is keeping the house allowing Preston to continue going to school while his mom is living with her parents until she can get her own place. Thankfully they aren't fighting for custody, letting Preston choose to see his parents whenever he wants.

He's been making sure to visit his mom a lot so she knows that he isn't choosing one parent over the other. I know it's been a bit hard on him because, thankfully, he tells me about it. Overall though, it's been better for him. Being able to go home without fear of there being a fight has been great. That doesn't stop him from coming over to see me though and I'm hoping soon he'll invite me over.

I understand why he didn't want me to go over before, the chance of his parents arguing was high. However, now maybe I can pay him a visit? Honestly, I just want to search his room for something embarrassing, like porn, so I can tease him about it. He's so cute when he's embarrassed!

"I'm staying with mom and my grandparents tonight too. They'll bring me to school in the morning so you should probably ride your bike," Preston says, looking at me because he knows I won't like that. I pout immediately, which has him chuckling.

"I don't know if I can put up with not hanging out with you after school. I may go crazy."

Preston playfully shoves me, shaking his head. "You're already crazy."

"True." I lean over, getting close enough to make his cheeks go red. His eyes dart about the bus, taking in those around us before returning to me. I smile at the slight panic on his face before pulling away while whispering, "You love it."

Preston doesn't deny or confirm what I said but his smile tells me enough. He totally loves it.

It doesn't take long for us to get to school. We get off the bus and head into school to get to first period. However, before either of us step into the room, Preston grabs hold of my wrist and pulls me aside. I nearly trip over my own feet but barely manage to keep myself up right. While other students are piling into class, Preston and I are standing away from the door.

The boy looks nervous when he asks, "Are you sure? I mean...i-if you have changed your mind, I-I won't be mad."

"Have you?" I inquire, taking Preston's hand in my own to see if he pulls away. I'm happy to say that he doesn't, instead, his fingers intertwine with my own.