Chapter 5

Everyone was outside Marinette's bakery. There was an annoying lineup so they had to wait in line with the customers to get in. Nino opened the door, saying, "Ladies first!" "Thanks, Nino," Alya said, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. Nino's cheeks burned red as Marinette went in. Then all of a sudden, Adrien started laughing. "Adrien!" Nino exclaimed angrily. "Sorry Nino, but you should see your face right now! It's hilarious!" Adrien said through fits of laughter. Then they both went in.

"So Alya, what's going on with you and Nino?" Marinette asked, wiggling her eyebrows.
At this question, Alya's face turned a dark shade of velvet. "Nothing- just nothing!" Alya said quickly. "C'mon, Alya! Spill it!" Marinette exclaimed teasingly. "And what about you and Adrien?" Alya quickly retorted. Now it was Marinette's turn to blush, as her face turned a bright red. "That's what I thought!" Alya said triumphantly.
Then Alya had an idea. "Marinette, why don't you and Adrien get some desserts?" Alya said so Adrien and Nino could hear them. They were playing Ultimate Mecha Strike III. And before they knew it, they were in line for the desserts. Marinette's parents insisted that she must wait in line if she wanted something, even if she didn't have to pay for it.

"So, um, Adrien, what's your favorite dessert?" Marinette asked.
"Croissants," Adrien replied as he licked his lips at the thought. "Really?" Marinette said. "Me too!"

After getting the desserts, they went back to where Nino and Alya were. "Here!" Marinette said, passing everything out. Seeing that Marinette was still standing, he pulled a chair out for her and gestured for her to sit down. "Thanks, Adrien," Marinette said as she sat down. "Anytime, Mari." Adrien said, testing out her nickname to see how it sounded. And I will say, he liked it! Marinette blushed as he said that. Alya then said, "Hey! I hear there's a spring fair right outside of Paris. You guys wanna come?"

"Sure, if my parents say yes," Marinette replied. "Adrien? Nino?" Alya gestured for a response. "I'll try, if my father allows me," Adrien replies. "I can come," Nino said. "Great, I'll see you guys Saturday, does that work for you?" Alya asked.
"Yup," everyone said. Saying their goodbyes, everyone left while Marinette went to her room to work on her homework. If only her power would let the paper just be complete! But of course, she couldn't do that no matter how many times she tried!