↜ Part 2↝

A week later, after sarcastic remarks and more insults, Farrah and I were learning to be in each other's presence with more toleration.

The two of us sat in my room, me on the bed and her on the floor, in steady silence.

Until she broke it.

"You need a makeover." She said as I sat on my bed playing on my phone, "Do you have makeup?"

"Uh, yeah. I only brought it in case I broke out or we went to a fancy dinner or something but..." I trailed off as I pulled my makeup bag from the bottom drawer of the nightstand.

"Give it to me." She demanded, holding her hand out.

I passed her the bag and she positioned herself across from me on the bed, legs crossed. I crossed mine in imitation.

"You've got some pretty good stuff." She hummed with an approving nod.

"What exactly are you doing?" I asked, not 100% trusting her with pointy things near my face.

"Concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, anything else fun." She chirped, her mood changing rapidly.

"Oh, alright." I shrugged.

She took a face cleansing wipe from my bag and wiped my face with it, positioning her thumb under my chin.

"What are you-" I squirmed.

"I'm just cleaning your face, relax. And shut up." She said, rolling her eyes.

She pulled out a moisturizer and dabbed some onto my forehead, cheeks, and chin, rubbing it in in circles.

"We're not friends, you know." She reminded me.

"I... I know." I replied, barely resisting the urge to smile. I know it was odd for me to be happy when she said that, but I just felt like she was reminding herself more than me. We weren't friends, yet there she was, insisting on doing my makeup.

"Yeah." She nodded as she applied foundation to my knockoff beauty blender. "Cause girls like you and girls like me don't hang out or anything."

"Of course not." I agreed, squirming as she blended the foundation on my cheeks.

"I'd never have talked to you if our moms hadn't come here." She took out my concealer stick and began to do the areas where I had spots of acne.

"Me either." I nodded.

"Stop moving your face." She rolled her eyes and took out the eyelash curler.

"I'm not letting you put that near my eyes." I said, shaking my head.

"I'm not gonna poke your eye out, Cadence. Now hold still."

I held my eyes open as best I could while she curled my left eye, and then my right.

"Once we get back to school I'll probably never talk to you again." She pulled out an eyeshadow pallet and selected a brush. "Close your eyes."

She lightly brushed eyeshadow across my lids.

"Cause, you know, I've got better people to spend my time with." She said as if it were obvious.