Chapter One: An Unexpected Guest

I slammed the green mini cooper's trunk and threw myself into the front seat of Casey's car laughing. I have been waiting for this trip all year and I could not wait a minute longer for it. Casey (my best friend ever) and I were taking a road trip from Seattle, Washington to L.A. California for the summer. All by ourselves too!!! No one to tell us what to do. This is going is going to be totally epic. Until Casey turned off the radio.

"Ok gurl before were get to the highway we have to make a really quick stop."Casey said.

''Why?" We had everything we needed. I've checked more than twice to make sure we did.

"It's a surprise!"

"Nooooooo. I hate surprises and you know that. Just tell me please!"

"Nope."

"Yes"

"Nope

"I hate you."

"I love you too, honey."

I sighed and leaned my head against the window watching the trees rush past me in a bur. Why won't she tell me? We tell each other everything, so what's the big deal if she tells me. Unless it's about a guy. That must be it and that's why she doesn't want me to know because I'll refuse it. She probably wants to take her new flavor of the week with her on OUR trip. This is suppose to just us. Not to carry around some hitch hiker. This is going to totally suck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^o^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^o^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^o^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^o^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was right . It was a guy. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of an old run down gas station she was out of the car and into his arms. Uhhhhhhh why did she do this. We will probably leave him on the side of the road and I'll feel guilty because they had a fight. And he'll have to find a new way home. I opened the car door and made my way over to Casey and the stranger. Then I realized just who this guy actually was.

"Kris! How you've been, huh?

It was none other than the devil himself. Shawn Anthony Downey aka Casey's older brother who has pretty much been MIA for over the past year. Last time I saw him he broke my heart and left without a single clue where he went.

"Good? but can I talk to you Casey really quick. Like away from here."

I started to head to the car not bothering to look back to see if she followed or not. Boy, she better follow me.First of all, she has a  lot of explaining to do. Second of all it, would be embarrassing if she didn't and that's the last thing I need right is to look like a doe head in front of him. I reached the car and turned on my heel ready to demand some answers here but its not Casey I turned around to. Shawn stood in front of me in all his glory. He looks just as I remembered him. A black tee clug to his muscles and his dirty blond hair was a tad longer than it was before making it come to just above the middle of his forehead. His smooth lips curved into a a little smile that slightly showed off his dimples that were so adorable when he smiled. Oh my gosh what I'm I gonna  do. I don't even know what to say to him anymore. And it's not like the last time we talked we were on good grounds with one another.

" What do you want? I asked for Casey not you."

"Well, I also wanna talk too, Kris."

" WELL, maybe I don't want to talk to a stupid...."

"Oh shut up and let me say what I need to say before we get on the road,ok?"

"Wait a sec your actually going with us?" I asked in out rage. This is totally ridiculous. Why me, why?

" Yes I am. Now back to business. I just wanted to tell you that the last time we spoke I know I hurt you, but now I'm going to make things right. I promise you everything is better now and I'll fix it. I'll fix what I did to you.I'm so sorry I had to do that to you. It wasn't safe for you to be with me, but I'm here now and I intend to stay. Will you forgive?"

"No." I can't forgive him so easily. It isn't fair what he's doing . Coming here and trying to act like he can fix what he did to me. That's not fair. Bring up old memories that I have tried so hard to suppress.

"Kris I'll make things.."

"Look tell Casey I'll be in the car waiting." And with I clambered into the back seat and rested my head against the door. Maybe this isn't going to be such a great trip as I thought and with that thought on my mind I closed my eyes and drifted off not wanting to have to talk to neither Shawn or Casey.

'