Chapter 1 - Big Baby

Jean Samuel

I looked at my ice cream and opened the wrapper. Oh my god this looks so tempting. I threw the wrapper into the rubbish bin and walked to the 'bench near the lake. 

When I was about to sit while licking my ice cream, someone crashed into me. I found myself sit on the bench . I gasped looking at my ice cream which is now on the ground. 

"Shit!" I heard a guy's voice cursed.

My eyes widen looking at the person who ruined my ice cream. He looked down and patted his suit, worried that his expensive-looking suits might be dirty because of my ice cream. Wait, why would a guy wears black suit at the park?

"Hello, should I take a picture of myself and give it to you so that you can put it under your pillow and stare at my face before going to bed?" He asked and I frowned. What is he talking about?

"Huh?" I blinked my eyes a few time.

"Well, it last longer." He replied. I frowned and a sigh came from his mouth.

"Well, Miss Blind. You just made my day worse." He continued. Wait, did he just call me blind?

"What the fries? Did you just call me blind? I'm not b---"

"Baby ? Is that you?" Before I could even finish my words, a lady walked towards us while looking at the guy's back. I can see the guy's face frowned. He let out a sigh before turning his body to the lady and fake a smile .The lady's face lighten up when she saw him.

I closed mouth , trying not to burst out laughing. Baby? Really? What type of baby is this? Does baby wears suits? I quickly covered my mouth with my hands when I burst out.

"And.. who's this girl?"

I stopped laughing when I realised that theirs eyes are on me and looked at them both.

"I'm--"

"Darling, this girl crashed into me and I think she forgot where she put her eyes." The baby cut me off. What with them? Why do they like to interrupt when I am talking? I have the right to open my mouth and talk,okay!

I furrowed my eyebrows and my sleeve up to my elbow. I cleared my voice making them turned to me. "For your information, Baby and Darling. This Baby here was the one who bumped into me while I was eating my ice cream."

I saw the 'Darling' rolled her eyes and turned her head to 'Baby'.  "Really, B? You argue with a kid?"

My eyes widen bigger than before. "I'm a college student who will graduate in a month. I'm not a kid. Plus, you two are weird. Who wears short dress and suit at the park? Pftt..."

"And look my ice cream is ruined. It's all because of you. Poor ice cream." I continued and glared up and down at them.

Darling suddenly came closer to me, I could see her hand raising. Before she could reach me, Baby pulled her arms. She looked at him and he shook his head asking her to be patient.

"Hey, listen here ,kid. Our clothes are way expensive than yours. So you better shut--"

"Huh! Like I care!" I scoffed.

"Miss Darling and Mr.Baby. I have sooo many things to do other than arguing with you two. So , please excuse this kid." I said before walking pass them. I ignored their gaze on me.

Oh my god! What kind of people are they? I'm not a rude kind of person but that Darling and Baby kept testing me. All I wanted was , eat my ice cream while waiting for  Carla. But that damn big Baby just ruined it. 

When I was sure that I was far away from them, I sat on a bench under a shady tree. I decided to hear musics from my Iphone but suddenly I got a phone call from...Carla!!

"Where are you?"

"I'm sitting on a bench under a shady tree at the park , waiting for you. Hey! I should be the one who ask that question. Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at-- Wait, I think I can see you. Turn to your 2 0'clock." With that, she ended the call. What a good friend...

I turn to my 2 O'clock as I was told. I saw Carla walking towards me. When she saw me, she waved her hand.

"Where is your ice cream? Finished already? How fast..." Carla asked as she sat beside me.

"Huh! A damn big Baby bumped into me and ruined my ice cream. He's the first baby that ruined my mood. Oh my gosh! Just thinking about it make me angry and sad at the same time. Poor ice cream.."

"What are you talking about? Baby?" She frowned.

I nodded and scoffed. "I will tell you about the baby who ruined my ice cream later ,okay?"

She nodded in reply before started laughing. "Hey, you can buy another one , you know.."

"I'm saving money , okay? Plus, I've just got my salary from my part time job." I sighed.

"Jean, for godsakes. Your family is damn rich. Your parents are billionaire. Your brother is a business man and about to be a freaking billionaire. Plus, your sister is a Victoria's Secret angel. Stop being so humble."

My eyes widen and looked around to check if someone heard what Carla said. When I was sure that there was no one, I smacked Carla's head making  a groan came from her mouth.

"What if someone heard you? Carla, I told you , I hate money. It can turn people from good to bad. Please don't talk about this again.."

Carla sighed and nodded her head a few time. "Okay, okay.. Let's go you said you wanted to accompany me shopping."

"Let's go!"