4 ; solved

- 2pm (next day)

i drove up to the maroon house. i checked my phone, and the time read 1:58pm. i gripped onto the wheel tightly before exiting my car. i slowly walked up the stair case and knocked twice. my heart was racing now, what if this does turn out as bad as i thought?

i still wasn't too sure what i was worrying about, but whatever it was it felt like it was going to happen.

"glad to see you," ethan said with his raspy voice. he had a calm tone, the complete opposite of what i was feeling.

knowing ethan (well not too well), he probably hasn't even thought about today. he probably just enjoyed his night doing - whatever he does. then there's me, worrying and almost crying over this stupid boy.

"glad to be here," i smiled. i tried to stay just as calm as ethan looked.

he lead me into his house, and into the living room.
"where's jonathan?" i said while scanning the beige walls.
"i'm n-" ethan started, but was interrupted by a phone call. i read jonathan's name on ethan's phone.

"hey j, you comin' soon?" ethan questioned. i began to sweat as they spoke. ethan said a couple 'ok's before hanging up.

ethan put the phone in his pocket, then said "he can't come. apparently something came up with his parents? he said he was really sorry though."

my heart was pounding now. it would just be ethan and i for the next - god i don't even know how long! this was bad, this was so bad.

this day would turn out just as i expected. everything going wrong.

"oh, that sucks. hopefully his parents are okay," i said with a nervous smile.
"wanna start on the project?" he said with a slight smirk.

i hated it when he smirked, yet at the same time i loved it. the way his pink lips turned up, and a little dimple came out was beautiful. he was attractive, and he sure as hell knew it.
"yeah of course," i said.

julia was wrong. ethan was funny and genuine. he was smart too. i was almost glad jonathan hadn't shown up, so i could spend more time getting to know ethan.

"finally, we're finished!" ethan announced. we both laughed and looked at each other.

"i'm starving, i'm going to go see if i have anything in the fridge. you want anything?" ethan asked.

"i'm fine, thank you."
truly, i was starving. i hadn't eaten since - god knows when. i hadn't even realized how long i'd been here.

while ethan was gone, i looked around the room, and at our project. i heard a phone buzz.

i quickly took out my phone and noticed no notifications. i looked slightly above my phone and saw ethan's phone resting on our poster.

i wasn't too sure if i should check it or leave it, but i felt like being a bit of a rebel. after all, i wouldn't of been here in the first place if it wasn't for that reason.

no passcode? i asked myself as i unlocked his phone.
he had received a text message from someone named grayson.

i look through the texts and notice something i would hope to never see.
a contact under my name:
riley.