Chapter 1

Chapter 1( past )

I woke up to hell.

BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!

"Are you f*%#ing kidding me?!"

Stupid alarm.I slapped my iPhone and it fell to the floor."Just five more minutes..."I mumbled,dozing back to sleep.

As you can tell,I'm not a morning person.As soon as I was about to fall back into the hazy realm of sleepy time,my door was slammed open.

I was pretty excited.(note the sarcasm) "What do you want?!" I half-yelled at my brother Tyler(a.k.a. Ty) "Mom,she's awake!"he called over the staircase.

My parents immediately ran up to my door.Now that I recall,it was kind of a funny picture,seeing all three of them crowding up my small doorframe.Ty nearly fell over.

They entered my room,and mom revealed a small white cake from behind her back.

Carefully written on it,in blue icing of course,were the words Happy Birthday Canie!Then it hit me.IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!I suddenly felt bad for yelling at Ty.I sent him an apologetic look,and he nodded back at me.Everybody knew about my morning complex.

Suddenly my family burst into song(and trust me,they are NOT good singers),but I pretended that my eardrums weren't bleeding ,and blew out the 17 candles so that I wouldn't make them feel bad.

"What did you wish for baby?"asked my too-eager mom.I winked at her."that's for me too know .Can't be giving it away,or my wish will never come true."

I was really wishing to go to Hawaii.That place had been my obsession for the past three years.I had planned out the vacation completely too.From the five-star hotel I would be staying at,to the bathing suit I would be wearing each day of the trip. I had been so obsessed with my tropical paradise,that I had decorated my room in a beachy theme.It seriously looked like an island cabana.One word to describe my interior designing skills-awesome .

"That's my girl"my dad bragged."But let's hurry up and eat the cake so you won't be late for school."We went downstairs and had dessert for breakfast-something we only did to celebrate our birthdays.

After I helped clear away the table,I ran upstairs and brushed my teeth .Hopping in the shower-I washed my hair with coconut scented shampoo and lathered my body with pomegranate wash.After I finished showering,I put on my undergarments, a cami, a white button up shirt(and rolled up the sleeves) ,denim shorts, a gold watch ,and slipped on some cute gold sandals.

Now for my hair.After blow-drying my long,light-brown hair, I brushed through it and decided to leave it in its natural waves. I examined my pale,freckled skin,and started applying my everyday makeup.I put on concealer where I needed it,and swiped on a little blush.I used mascara and put on a little bit of lipgloss.

Plopping on my tortishell wayfarers , and grabbing my backpack (and phone of course) I walked out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!I hope you liked the first chapter!Sorry I was so descriptive-I just wanted you to get to know the character better-and for the length of the chapter.This will be about the average length of my chapters,for I have no patience for things like this. Please tell me what you think-it's always nice to get some feedback.Love you guys!-Val😘. 6/4/14