Ch. 4: The Story is Just Beginning.

Owl sighed and adjusted her makeshift glasses. "Kitty, we believe you've tapped into your predator instincts." Owl mumbled and Wolf put a hand on my back. I was unaffected. Owl stared at me as I stared back at her, Wolf removed his hand from my back and stared at me as well. "Are you...okay with this?" Owl asked.

"Oh...um...no." I fidgeted awkwardly.

Owl looked at me and nodded, "Yeah, alright." she looked at Wolf, I guessed they shared a look and then she turned back to me. "It would explain the moment you had with Barracuda after your 'mate' was killed in front of you. Also, why you killed the guard in the alley. Though, what you did to his body...we can not understand."

"I think I understand it." Wolf said. Owl looked at him and seemed a bit surprised, "She's got a dark side." Wolf stated.

Owl almost giggled, "A dark side? Like Star Wars?" she asked.

"No, an actual dark side that she never taps into. A lot of people have it, only some find it. It kind of explains the people who randomly snap and go and shoot up places." Wolf told her.

"It does, it does. But Kitty is connected to bob cats and large cats, it might be her carnivorous roots coming back to her." Owl stated.

"If this is true, then why aren't you going around and eating animals every time one of your theories are disproved?" I spat, "And Wolf, if that is true then how can you not have snapped by now, going and leading us around like you are?"

They sat and stared at me for a moment and Owl sighed, "Kitty, all we know is that we can't let you...snap again. If you did what you did in a matter of two minutes, lord knows what you can do next. We just want you to be safe, and we also don't want you reaking havoc among the humans."

"Yeah, I can understand that." I mumbled. "So you don't want me going to the surface again." I stated.

"Not for a while, no." Wolf put his hand on my back again.

"Well good, I don't like it up there anyway. Too many people, stupid." I said as I stood.

"Also," Wolf stood as well, Owl standing up right after he did. "We're going to be keeping an eye on you, just a precaution." he gave me a reassuring smile. It didn't really help.

"Yeah, I get it." I smiled back, it was small and uncaring. I turned and walked to the bathroom and closed the door, locking it and preparing to take a shower. I sighed and looked at my bloody self in the mirror, I literally peeled off my clothes and got into the shower, washing off the blood and sweat.

"Well, I'd say you had a good day." a voice told me.

Excuse me?

"You showed that guard guy who was boss. No one should mess with you now. And if they do I'll just...sneak out for a breath of fresh air."

No, you can't do that. You've hurt two too many people already.

"Are you sure? I've protected you. I've kept you safe."

I can protect myself, thanks.

"Ha, that's a laugh. Look at you, you could have gotten eaten by Barracuda if he didn't want to get into your pants. And Komodo, he kidnapped you and could have eaten you at any point he wanted to, but he used you to hop the god damn border. He used you as his wife because you were a pretty face and wanted the world to like him. Damn it you would have gotten beaten to death with that baton if I hadn't came out. And you really didn't want me to come back." I didn't say anything, I just stopped rubbing the soap into my hair. "You're afraid of me, aren't you, Kitty?"  it asked. I couldn't think of anything to say. I was. "Yeah, you are. I'm you, you can't hide anything from me. You can't hide that affection you have for Wolf from me either. It feels bad, doesn't it? To start to move on? Oh yeah, there it is, the dread. You hold onto that for me dumpling, I'll be sure to grab onto it later."