Do you still remember me?

The day that I have been anticipating was moments away yet I felt somewhat terrified of it. I was afraid that he had changed. After all, he had been gone for a whole year now and the only time he contacted me was three months ago. I bet he doesn't even remember me. I sighed as I switched on my phone. It was already midnight. I felt tears start to flow down my cheeks as I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my gallery full of the times when Calum and I were still very close. I shivered as I reached the last picture. It was a selfie of Calum the day before he left, the day he called me his angel. I couldn't hold in my sobs any longer. The next minute, I heard knocks on my door and a few mumbles.

"Azalea honey, are you okay?" I heard my mum call out.

I quickly wiped away my tears and unlocked the door. I tried my best to sound convincing and told her that it was nothing. She gave me an unsatisfying look but slowly went back to her room when I told her that I was really fine. I slowly made my way to my bed and glanced at the clock. It was 2am! I quickly jumped into bed and went under the covers to try and get some sleep. A few moments passed and all I heard was the light pitter patter of rain against my window. I tossed and turned, trying to get into a comfortable position but to no avail. I finally gave up and just stared at the ceiling. Before I knew it, I heard my mum calling me downstairs for breakfast. I sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes. I barely had any sleep last night. I took my time to get showered and dressed. Once again, I heard my mum calling me for breakfast.

"I'm coming mum! Just give me a minute," I replied, slightly annoyed.

I quickly grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. The aroma of bacon and eggs greeted me as I stepped into the kitchen. My mouth started watering. My mum laughed as she saw the state I was in. I smirked as I came closer to the table where the food were placed. As I was getting started on my first bite, I felt my phone vibrating. I swiftly took my phone out of my pocket. My face fell as I realised that it was a reminder that Calum was returning today. I then decided to text him to tell him that I was coming over to his place later. I continued eating after that as I was literally starving. After finishing my food, I still haven't gotten a reply from Calum so I went back to my room to go onto the internet. Just as I was about to log in to my twitter account, I received a text from Calum saying that I was free to come anytime. My face immediately brightened up and I quickly turned off my laptop to go find an outfit for later on.

2pm, heading out to Calum's

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I told my mum that I was heading out to Calum's. I grabbed my sweater and headed out. Since Calum's place was just a few blocks away, I decided to walk there. My heart raced as l reached his doorstep. I knocked on his door and took a step back and breathed in. A few moments later, the door opened and he popped out.

"Umm... Yes? May I help you?" he asked me.

My face fell as I realised that he did not recognise me. I tried my very best to fight the tears.

"I... I'm Azalea remember?" I said, my voice shaking.

He shot me a confused look. I couldn't take it any longer. I dashed away from his house, my tears flowing freely down my cheeks. I couldn't believe what just happened. He was the one who said I could come over anyways. I thought he remembered me when in fact, it was all just false hope. I felt cheated on. I kept running further and further away. I didn't know where I was headed nor when I was going to stop but what I did know was that I had to get far far away from this place...

______________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading this first chapter! I hope you like it. If you did, please comment/vote and tell me what I should improve on :-) I love you aha ((oh, and I wrote this when I was having a terrible headache so sorry if there's any mistakes))