Happy

Jade's PoV

I turn the corner going to lunch and get a really big surprise. "Tori, I… I like you." Beck says. I stood there, absolutely frozen. "Sorry, Beck but I like someone else. And you belong with Jade." Tori smiles at him and slowly walks away. As much as I hate Vega, she didn't try to steal him from me. I guess she isn't as sneaky as I thought. Maybe I was wrong about her. I contemplate running away crying or facing the man I was supposed to be dating who likes someone else.

I decided to do neither. Instead I just walk away. What's the point in wasting my tears? I go out to the parking lot. And low and behold there's a couple making out. "Get inside, lunch is about to end!" I shout at them. The boy protectively put his arm around the girl's shoulders. They slowly walk into the school. I remember when Beck used to do that. Not that I needed any protection anyway. Just like I said the bell rang when they went into the building. What do I do now? I can't just stand here.

Skipping school seemed like a smart thing to do. I usually stay because of Beck, but what's the point now? I walked around for a while. I guess I'm the only teenager skipping school. The streets are filled with old people. I end up walking in to the park. I scoff at myself. Oh how cliché! But if you think about it my whole life has been cliché. This moment is just another addition. I walk over to the swing set. I start to swing and reminisce about everything.

Going through all the memories I haven't really been an ideal girlfriend. Maybe that's the reason Beck loves Tori, not me. When he's around me he's rarely happy at all. All I ever do is be an annoyance. I mean I know Beck better than anyone. But I sometimes can't tell if he's acting or not. What if he's been "acting" happy all this time? And all this time he's been miserable with me. People shouldn't pretend. I hear them talking about me behind my back. I'm not dumb I know they hate me. Beck could very well be one of them.

I'm so lost in thought that I didn't notice a little boy swinging beside me. I don't usually go into other people's business. I myself hate it when people I don't know try to talk to me. I gradually slow down. I start talking when I start to just sway in my seat. "So kid, what you doin' out of school." I say looking at him. He's looks up from his lap when he hears me talking to him. "Skipping…" he says. Holy Crud! This kid looks exactly like Beck! I mean… well… the 14 year old edition or something. He has the exact same eyes and hair, so beautiful. I try to hide my surprise. "That's never good." I say to him. "Aren't you skipping as well." He says to me. "Yeah, but…" I say. "But nothing, hypocrite." He frowns at me. "You're snappy for a 14 year old." I smirk. "Yeah, you would be too if the girl you like likes some other dude." He rolls his eyes at me.

I swear the universe is playing tricks on me. What's going on? Where are the cameras? "Oh yeah? How would you feel if you over hear the guy you've been dating for over 3 years saying he loves your enemy behind your back?" I say angrily. "I guess more problems come just as you get older. That sucks!" he says. I chuckle at what he says. "You have no idea." I smile. "Well it's his loss you're really pretty." He blushes. "You're not too shabby yourself." I smile again. This small Beck is making me go soft. "So how do you know this girl likes some other dude?" I ask the embarrassed kid. "Well I don't know for sure. She's never mean to people. And she's so oblivious sometimes. And then there's Amethyst, she's is so mean! She keeps saying Terry will never love me because she likes Drew. Then she goes and makes me confused by kissing me. But I like Terry not Amethyst, but now I'm confused. Maybe I'm imagining things." He says ranting. "But I can never stay mad at her for long. She is so pretty. Especially her eyes! She has the most beautiful eyes ever. They are the prettiest shade of blue. Sometimes they're prettier than Terry's eyes. Agggh!" he shouts. "Wow, that's tough." I say concerned. "You have no idea!" He says frowning.

"Who make you happier?" I suddenly say. "Huh?" he says looking at me. "Which girl makes you the happiest?" I rephrase. "Well… Terry's nicer and all and she does make me happy. But Amethyst, she's just different. When I'm with her I just feel happy no matter what she does." He says slowly realizing something. "I think you're upset over the wrong girl here." I say also realizing something. "Oh no!" he suddenly shouts. "What?" I say startled by his outburst. "That's what she's been trying to say all this time!" he says. "Huh?" I say not understanding what he's trying to say. "Today she was all 'if your happy then I'm happy' and I just laughed at her." He says. I slap his arm hard. "Ow! That's what she did too." He says rubbing his assaulted arm. "Well you deserved it! When a girl says something like that you don't laugh you say something nice back." I say hitting him again. "I'm apologizing 1st thing tomorrow. Now stop hitting me!" he says dodging another slap. "Yeah, you better." I threaten.