Chapter 11-20

Chapter 11

Cross Slash

Leylin was shocked by its strength after using his sword to strike away the direwolf's claw.

The cross blade drew a brilliant arc. Immediately afterwards, following the path calculated by the A.I. Chip, he pierced out towards the direwolf opposing him.

Piercing attack!

The cross blade technique was a secret technique passed down through the Farlier family, and the key point was to use a powerful centrifugal force to strike at the enemy.

At that moment, Leylin used his waist to exert power. The cross blade in his hands whistled as it pierced through the air and slammed towards the direwolf.

Psh!

Leylin felt the cross blade pierce through its flesh, and it seemed as though the cross blade in his hands was firmly stuck in the direwolf. The sheer impact of the blow caused him to tremble, and he tried to retract the cross blade.

"He!" Leylin yanked his hands backwards. The cross blade was pulled out violently, causing fresh blood to gush out wildly!

The direwolf opposing him screamed miserably. It turned out that Leylin's sword attack earlier had just happened to pierce into the direwolf's foreleg, its weakness. The direwolf hopped backwards in retreat, and one claw seemed to have already been rendered useless.

Seeing the direwolf escaping, Leylin's eyes flashed once, but he didn't pursue it.

"Most of the pressure has been taken on by the black-robed Knights. If I run out of the defensive perimeter to chase it, that would be tantamount to me committing suicide. Anyways, an injured direwolf will not be able to attack us again. It'll probably die after a while, or... end up as its companion's meal!"

"Well done!" George praised loudly from closeby. At this moment, George also had traces of blood on his body. His attack posture was confident and elegant, and it looked as if he was performing rather than killing. However, he still carried an unparalleled level of strength! He was actually going up against two direwolves and was still not at a disadvantage.

"The secret sword techniques passed down through noble families really aren't ordinary!" Leylin thought casually before he once again directed his gaze towards the direwolf pack in front of him.

The tragic fighting between man and direwolf continued on for half an hour. The sun slowly set, and darkness descended upon the grass plains.

At the moment, the eyes of the direwolves were giving off an aquamarine glow. The entire campground had an eerie feel as it seemed to be surrounded by a crowd of aquamarine eyes.

"Hah... hah" Leylin gasped for breath. He now looked as if he had been fished out of a pool of blood. His face was still covered with it, but he lacked the time to even wipe it off.

Even with the A.I. Chip allowing him to use the most efficient methods to kill or injure the direwolves, he still felt heavily drained from the effort.

"If even I'm like this, there's no need to speak about the other acolytes. Only the black-robed Knights still have energy to spare, but even they will probably be unable to last much longer. In this situation, why haven't the white robe Magi acted yet?"

Leylin glanced over and saw that there was an empty space amidst the female acolytes at the center of the campsite. Three white robed people were sitting there, giving off chilling auras. None of the surrounding acolytes dared to be within three metres of them.

As for the direwolves surrounding the defensive ring, they had already lost one-third of their number. However, the number of defending acolytes at the front line had also greatly decreased; most had been injured and were under the care of the girls behind.