Chapter 2

Chaewon's POV

Ow.... my head hurts, I rubbed the sides of my forehead to ease the pounding pain. I jolted up, wait... wasn't I thrown of my bike? *Gasps, am I dead? Is this heaven?! Omg did I really die I don't wanna die!!!!!!

"Omona! People! Chaewon's awake quick come on!" I heard a voice say. Next thing I see was a bunch of weirdly dressed people coming in. Wait a minute, aren't these all hanboks, like the one they wear in ancient Korea? Why are people wearing that? Am I in a hospital or am I in a studio?

"Chaewon! Chaewon!!!! Can you hear me?" Coming back to reality, I looked at the concerned face in front of me, who is she? That perfect porcelain face with adorable eyes and flawless skin... Is this what angels look like? "YAH CHAEWON" The girl screamed, "YES?!?!" I replied.

 "My goodness I thought you were mute or something. You fell down the stairs and had a pretty hard hit to the head and fainted for almost 5 days!! The king and princes and everyone has been really worried about you. You should have been more careful!! Do you..."

 "OK, SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN! What do you mean king and prince. Before that even, who are you? Why are you so weirdly dressed? Where am I" Thousand of questions are circulating my mind as I tried to let what she said sink in.

 "What do you mean who I am, I am Taeyeon, you older sister!! The first princess of the joseon era!!"

 What's with all this nonsense?! King? Prince? Princess? JOSEON ERA? That's like thousands of years ago. It's not April 1st today what's wrong with all these people?! Deciding I should just play along with her hoping she would just stop with the acting, I jokingly ask her "then who am I? The 2nd princess? LOL"

"What are you talking about, of course you're not the 2nd...... you're the youngest princess?! .... and.... what is LOL?" She said back with a serious and slightly shocked face. After an awkward minute of silence, I expected her to start laughing but she was still looking at me in seriousness and with genuine concern.

This girl..... " ok ok you win now stop with all this acting and let's get on like normal human beings." Just as I finished, I now started looking at my surroundings, come to think of it, this does not look like any hospitals, it's more like those rooms from ancient times, the rooms in the ancient palace that I have seen while studying the history of the different eras of Korea.

... What if... this really is the joseon era? They wouldn't go as far as doing this to a stranger like me right? NO!! This is impossible! There's no such thing as time travelling! But these accessories are looking realer the longer I stare.

 I quickly stood up and ran out of the room ignoring the calls from Taeyeon. I opened the door and the scene astonished me, outside was a massive garden with trees and all kinds of flowers, There is a mini pond in the middle of the garden full of fishes of all sizes. From all the designs and surroundings, you will really think that it is the joseon era... No way, did I really, travelled back in time like all those fiction dramas?! Think Chaewon think! This must be a place I know! I know basically most of Seoul right now. As I turn back, I spot Taeyeon just behind me. I asked her hurriedly and almost breathlessly " Where is this? Why am I here?"

She looked at me weirdly and replied quietly " Chaewon... this is my chamber... do you not remember? You've been here so many times now. You fell down the stairs and hit your head hard five days ago so I had you in my chambers for the past five days. Don't you remember?" I could see she was on the verge of tears.

 I...I I am just Chaewon though, I am Park Chaewon the average everything girl... what princess? I don't get this? I tried hard searching through my memory wondering and trying to remember what actually happened after the car accident and if I had really fell down the stairs. 

I tried and tried to think back to what happened after I was tumbling down the hill, but my brain would just go blank. Did I really time travel back to the past? But... but... what about the chicken deliveries I still had to make? What about the part time jobs I still have to go? What about the rent I still have to pay? What about my dull life as Park Chaewon?