To See What He Could See, See, See part 2

Thrasher shrieked as a rat ran out of a rusty pipe. Vaurien Scapegrace peered over to glare at him before Thrasher shrieked again as a pipe about two kilometres off gave a slight groan that resonated through the sewer. He dramatically keeled over on the ground with his knees to his chest and his ginormous hands over his face. "Get up". Snarled Scapegrace in disgust and gave him a small kick to the ribs which Thrasher hardly felt. They were meandering through the sewer system under Dublin that stretched on for what seemed like the length of the world. Vaurien walked ahead as Thrasher slowly recovered. Small rays of light illuminated the tunnel ahead. A sewerage grate rested on the asphalt on the street above where Thrasher and Scapegrace now stood. Thrasher opened the grate as Vaurian wasn't strong enough to open it himself. The road above led to a large, intimidating factory building when suddenly a load gunshot pierced the silence followed by "Shit! Goddamn!" Shouted in a heavy southern accent.

Skulduggery was standing like he always did. Back against the wall, head down and disturbingly still for an extended period of time. Tanith stared at him with lengthy curiosity but was interrupted by a shriek that resonated around the damp, dark chambers of the sanctuary. Varacees Ramos had arrived. His face contorted in a mix of fright and utter horror at the sight that lay in front of him. "Wa- what the...the f- !?" He managed to breathlessly whisper out. "Ah, Varacees!" Skulduggery said cheerily before the new sanctuary treasurer left the room. Sounds of gagging and choking ensued. "What the bloody hell happened in here!" He raged when he re-entered the room. Skulduggery looked at him as if he was mad. "Vampires". Was all he said as he indicated to the hundreds of corpses that lay mutilated in Konspeckle's laboratory. "Dusk and his pets to be exact". "Mr Pleasant" the administrator announced. "There appears to be reports of disturbances in a warehouse near section 14".

Sanguine awoke in a contraption not too different from a dentists chair when Tesseract - no, the remnant - entered the room holding a pair of menacing pliers. Interrogation. Was the first word the Texan thought of before he realised he was in the hands of a spirit with not the slightest grasp of the term mercy.
Torture.
The word threatened to burst from Sanguines taught lips before he squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his teeth, wishing, begging for it to be over shortly when suddenly Tesseract walked behind sanguine to a small, metallic orb. Please. Please I just needed money for the eyes. Please". Sanguine begged as Tesseract twisted and tinkered with the ball before a sharp popping and hissing sound resonated from it. A small section of the orb slid out, revealing a shimmering blue square. Whispers and soft cries of anguish could be heard around the room now, growing louder with each passing second. The Receptacle. This was it. It's main storage unit for every single remnant in there earlier. But then something strange happened, something Sanguine never expected. The Russian raised a large mallet lying on the side of the workbench above his head slammed it down on top of the cube. Destroying every remnant left inside it. All those remnants. All those angered spirits. Free and gone. Never to possess again.

Vaurien swore as be hit his shin on the sewer ladder for the third time. "Will you hurry up!?". He yelled angrily. "Master my hands are simply to big". Thrasher pleaded innocently. They arose from the dank sewers and stealthily crawled towards the large warehouse. "Justice will be brought swiftly tonight Thrasher, mark my words". Vaurien whispered to his companion ominously. Scapegrace attempted to open the door quietly, resulting in several lengths of steel pipe clanging to the ground about as quietly as a toolbox being dropped from a second story window. The Dark And Stormy Knight cringed until the sound had dissipated throughout the room and resumed his rat-like crawl across the dirty floor. Sanguine moved over to a door on the far side of the warehouse, not risking lowering his guard to take a look at the enormous mechanism off to his left. Vaurien saw Tesseract, a well-known Russian assassin standing over a bench holding a mallet by his side and Billy-Ray Sanguine strapped to a dentists chair sweating and panting. "Scapegrace?".
Questioned the Skeleton Detective standing behind him. That was all anyone said before Sanguine broke free of bindings and withdrew his razor quickly followed by Tesseract and Skulduggery raising their firearms.