Coffee (girlxgirl)

This is my contribution to xxdragonflyxx's lgbt poem/oneshot challenge: make normal sexy  =D

My lips spread in a wide smile as I saw her behind the bar, beautiful as always. I looked through the window, trying to decide if I should come in or not. My palms were sweating in nervousness, my heart racing in my chest, trying to jump out.

It was always like this when I came here; I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

I knew I was going to go in either way; I had about two hours before my next class and what better way to spend it than being here?

Stepping inside, I made my way to the bar, closer to her. I sat down on the stool and took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from my bag. I put them down on the bar and dropped my bag on the floor.

I took out a cigarette from the pack and lit it, exhaling a gust of smoke.

“D-don’t you k-know it’s b-bad l-luck, Nicky?” her voice startled me.

“What is?”

“If y-you put your b-bag on the floor, it m-means you won’t get m-married.” she stuttered, smiling.

“Oh Tea, I’ll get married only if you say yes to my proposal.” I winked at her, smiling.

She laughed and leaned closer to me, mere centimetres from my face.

“H-how about we s-s-start with that d-date you’ve b-been b-bothering me with?”

I nodded, shocked with her proximity, and to be honest, with her finally agreeing to go on a date with me. I’ve been trying to get her to go out with me for two months now, ever since we got drunk and mutually came out to each other.

She leaned back and started rinsing a random glass. She was smiling; watching my dumbfounded expression as I shakily took another drag and inhaled deeply. Letting out the smoke, I finally smiled too.

“S-so, coffee?”

“Please, with cold milk.”

She nodded and turned to make my coffee for me. I didn’t really need to point out the cold milk, because she already knew that. But I hated it when people didn’t listen and made me coffee with warm milk. At least, this gave me the opportunity to stare at her while she moved behind the bar.

Tea worked in this coffee bar to help pay off her college tuition and this is where we met. I didn’t notice her at first, but since during the day I usually came alone, I would sometimes sit at the bar, like now, and talk to her. We started off with random, usual topics, but when we started having deeper conversations, that’s when I noticed her stuttering somewhat softened if she was passionate about something. She could never train her tongue enough not to stutter, but it didn’t bother me. It didn’t get on my nerves, waiting for her to say something; it was actually pretty sexy.

She was really shy at first, self-conscious, as she didn’t feel comfortable talking. She always felt as if she wasn’t smart enough if she couldn’t say a full sentence without struggling. But she had a wonderful mind, and I encouraged her, wanting to hear her thoughts. It amazed me how intelligent she really was beneath that façade.

But if you asked her, she would say she was ‘perfectly average’. Not too smart, not too good-looking, not to skinny... And to be honest, if I passed her on the street, I probably wouldn’t turn around to take a better look. As I was getting to know her, I began noticing little things about her.

True, she wasn’t skinny, but she wasn’t fat either. She had a bit wider hips, and a round butt to accompany them, but her body was very womanly curved, even if it wasn’t slim. Her upper body was gifted with a nice handful; her breasts were a bit smaller than mine, but I didn’t care, and I hoped she didn’t either.