Beginning of the Backround

Every year my sister and I would go to a day camp in the summer. It was good for us; meeting new people, going new places, and just basically getting out of the house. Sometimes we would see people from our school, and we would talk about people we don't like. All good fun. However, this year someone I knew was there, and I fell.

It was a guy that was in my yearbook class. His name was Quentin Brewster, and I used to have a crush on him. Used. He was a 8th grader, so he would be a freshman in high school after this summer.  I would never have to see him again. He was a thing of the past.

And yet here he was, a handsome boy with brown hair in a navy blue v-neck and jeans that he slightly sagged.

You could say that we were friends, but I didn't think so. Sometimes when he got bored of the girls he usually talked to, he would cross the room and come talk to me. Or sometimes, he would put his arm around me and turn my computer off in the middle of a document I was writing. This is why they invented auto-save.

He looked and acted like a player in the hallways. He dated about 5 different girls a month, and had a voice that was a little bit raspy, but made him always stay calm. I loved his voice.

In the classroom, he was a completely different guy. He was a funny, sweet guy, who loved to play games. It doesn't matter what it is, MASH, Tic Tac Toe, or a muti-player online game. If he came over and saw me playing it, he would join.

Or you know, turn the computer off.