Jeon Jungkook - 25 June Year 20

25 June Year 20

I gently touched the piano keys with my fingertip, a move which left my finger smudged in dust.

Using the slightest pressure in my finger to press the keys, the piano let out a sound different from the ones hyung would play.

Hyung has not been to school for ten days.

Today I heard that he had been expelled.

Namjoon hyung and Hoseok hyung didn't say anything, and I didn't say anything because I was scared to hear the answer.

Two weeks ago, before teacher had revealed the secret location, there was only me and hyung here.

There was an open inspection that day, and I didn't want to remain in class so I ran to that place.

Hyung didn't look back, just played the piano as I lay on two joint desks to take a nap.

In theory, hyung and the piano exist as two separate things, but it was hard to see them apart.

I don't know why, but hearing hyung's playing made me want to cry.

When it felt as if the tears would soon fall I hastily turned onto my back.

Just then, the door opened with an explosive bang.

The piano music stopped.

I was slapped so hard I fell to the ground.

I huddled on the ground, listening to the barrage of angry words thrown at me, only for the sound to stop.

I turned, and saw that hyung had pushed the teacher back, then sheltered me with his whole body.

Past hyung's shoulders, I could see the angry expression on teacher's face.

I pressed the piano keys again, trying to play a tune hyung used to play.

Had hyung really been expelled?

Will I ever see him again?

Hyung said before that getting a beating was routine for him.

If it wasn't for me, hyung wouldn't have hit the teacher.

If it wasn't for me, hyung would still be here playing the piano.