Chapter 16

"I love you, Peeta," I whisper against his lips. He kisses me again. I can feel him smile into the kiss.

"I love you more than you will ever know," he says when he breaks away. He pulls me into a hug.

"Stay with me?" I whisper in his ear.

"Always," he whispers back. "Goodnight, Katniss. I love you," he says, staring into my eyes with a huge smile in his face.

"I love you too, Peeta. Goodnight," I say. He leans down to give me one more kiss, then he starts walking down the hall.

I turn around and open my door. I go to my bedroom and slide on some sweats, then I fall into my bed with a smile on my face. Just then, my phone rings. I sit up and look at the caller ID: Finnick.

"Hey Finn," I say, answering the phone.

"Hey Kitty. So how'd your date with Bread Boy go?" he asks.

"It went great. I told him I love him," I say, with a huge smile on my face.

"That's great, Katniss. So, Annie's birthday is in 3 days," he says.

"So, are you gonna ask her?" I ask, eagerly.

"Yeah. I picked up a ring today. Will you help me set up? I have an amazing idea on how to do it," he asks.

"Of course. I'll talk to you later. Goodnight, Finnick. I love you bro," I say.

"I love you, too, Kat. Goodnight," he says, hanging up.

I set down my phone, and lay down again. I receive a text from Peeta right before I go to sleep.

"Always," it reads. I smile and send him a text message back.

"Goodnight, my love."

-----3 Days Later-----

Today is Annie's birthday, and I am helping Finnick set up for his proposal to her. When I wake up, I walk to my bathroom for a quick shower. When I get out, I put my hair in a towel, and go to my closet. I slide on some black gym shorts and a blue t-shirt, then take out my towel and braid my hair while its wet. I grab my phone and wallet and head out to my car. I'm meeting Finnick and Peeta at the cafe for breakfast this morning, then we are going to set up.

I walk into the cafe and I don't see the guys yet, so I order a cinnamon roll and a hot chocolate and find an empty table. I'm sitting at the table, waiting for them to bring me my order, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up and see Gloss.

"Hey," he says, with a weird smile.

"Bye," I say and look down at my phone. He sits down in the seat next to me.

"So, did you get rid of of that Peter guy?" he says. I want to slap him so hard right now.

"His name is Peeta. And actually I'm waiting for him to get here, so if you would leave me alone, that'd be great," I say with a rude tone in my voice.

"Why would you even want to be with that stupid idiot? I would treat you way better than he does," Gloss says. He grabs my hand, rather tightly I might add. "Why don't you just come with me? I'm going to a party later." I try to pull my hand away from his, but his grip is too tight.

"How about no. Let go of my hand," I demand.

"Come on Kitty-Kat. We can have fun," he says.

"Yeah, I don't think she wants to," I hear a familiar voice say. I turn my head to see Peeta and Finnick standing there. Peeta was the one that said it. Peeta comes over to me and Gloss lets go of my hand. I stand up and Peeta puts his arm around my waist.