two❧

——♥——

"So.." she politely began after they sat down and ordered. "What took you so long Mr. Park?"

"Call me Jimin." his smile was very endearing, very contagious that even Jennie couldn't resist as she unconsciously formed a grin too. "Something came up when I was on my way and I had to go solve it."

Makes sense;

"I hope you're okay with it?" she nodded with an assuring smile, the male shared it back.

After their order arrived, and with Jennie trying to contain her laughter as she noticed the waiter mouthing her an encouraging 'fighting', she finally redirected her gaze towards the taller.

"Mind if I ask something?"

"Go ahead."

"See, you accepted my request pretty much immediately," she couldn't analyse the confused look laying upon the male's face, what?

"I did" it sounded more like a question than an answer which threw Jennie off guard.

"Yeah, that's not how it usually works so I was wondering why?" she took the first bite, trying to shove those confusing thoughts off of her mind.

"Um, your description!" he yelled slightly, as if he found an answer after a long time of thinking, Jennie was now a little suspicious about his behaviors. "Your description just blew me away."

The fuck?

"I literally wrote 'barista' in my description."

His gulp was noticeable, and let me say audible too, and Jennie wasn't really having it, he seemed like he knew nothing about her nor this whole date, which made her ten times more confused.

"Exactly." he laughed nervously at the unpleased female facing him. "It may be one word but it has a very special meaning to me."

"I'd like to hear it."

"Of course, of course you would." he whispered sounding a little weird (most likely unpleased) as his eyes wandered around avoiding any eye contact with Jennie.

"My grandmother was a barista," he cleared his throat and finally locked eyes with the smaller. "And she was very passionate about her work. I used to love her so much, so I promised myself that if I ever get married it'd be a barista for sure."

As much as Jennie wanted to jump from excessive excitement as soon as she heard the word "marriage", she was taken aback by the awkward tone in the guy's voice.

"Used to?"

"She p-passed away." he simply added, making Jennie regret asking for clarifications, after all she was lucky he even accepted her request.

"I'm so sorry," her faced dropped into a frown, making the other's eyes widen slightly.

"Don't be, it's fine."

They avoided the rueful topic, and decided to get to know each other instead. However, the mood changed a few minutes later as a bunch of well-built guys entered the restaurant, or at least the male's mood changed as Jennie was completely oblivious about everything that surrounds her, she was so mesmerized by the charms of her date.