Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

If...

AKIMA

It must've taken me about two hours to clean my house from top to bottom

It must've taken me about two hours to clean my house from top to bottom. I didn't realize how much control Chance had over my emotions. I had never been so upset to the point I was cleaning for this long. Shit, I had started cleaning things that didn't need any cleaning.

Sighing heavily, I plopped down on my sofa. Exhausted wasn't even the word to describe my current state at this point. "Knock-knock-knock!" Someone was knocking at my door and without even thinking hard, I knew it was Tyana's ass. I'd placed my phone on the infamous DND mode and I'm almost sure she'd been calling and texting non stop. "BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG!" I just know this bitch wasn't banging on my shit like she was the police! Hopping up from my spot, I walked over to my door, unlocking it and yanked it open.

"Bitch, I just know you saw me texting and calling you!" Ty fussed as she pushed her way into my condo.

"Sure! Come right in, Ty!" I mumbled sarcastically.

"I heard that ho. Anyways, what's up? Why you all incognito and shit? Chance must have you in ya feelings again."

I rolled my eyes at my best friend. She could always read me, and she always knew when Chance had me feeling some type of way. I wore my heart on my sleeve and that was going to change very soon.

"I can't do this anymore with him, Ty. I feel like he's just using me and throwing me off to the side like a piece of trash!" I stressed, flopping back down on my sofa.

"Heard it all before, Kima. You gotta stop giving that fool your cookie. Close down the bakery bitch! He'll start wondering why you're being stingy with that sweet thang; then he'll be chasing behind you like a sad lost puppy. Watch."

"Maybe I do need to stop fucking him. Have you seen him though?"

"Honey, the man is a yummy looking piece of Godiva! I know it won't be easy, but listen to what I'm saying girl!"

"I'm listening, Ty. It's just hard... I think I really care about him."

"Ah-Ah! Stop it right there and protect your feelings sis! Let's go out tonight and have some fun." Tyana jumped up and ran towards my room.

If I knew my best friend, I knew she was dashing towards my closet. There was no way I could turn down the girl's night she was planning. I was going to have to suck it up and step into my big girl heels tonight. Maybe a night out was something I needed. Something to take my mind off of things, let loose and enjoy myself.

CHANCE