Chapter 1: Something More

Matthew's POV

_______________________

"Well let's see the first dress!" I said. Bella laughed, "Okay, hold on." she said as she walked into the changing room with one of the dresses.

"So, what's the gala for this weekend?" I asked, staring at the ceiling. "It's a charity event for curing cancer. Every ticket bought helps out." she explained. "Oh, that's great! Uh..and um.. do we need some sort of date for this kind of thing?" I questioned, raising a brow.

"Yeah, we do actually, I was hoping you'd be mine?" she asked, already knowing the answer. "It would be my pleasure." I replied. She giggled, and stepped out of the changing room.

Bella. Oh, Bella. She looked so gorgeous and perfect in that dress. Who am I kidding? Bella looked gorgeous and perfect all the time! The dress was a very light pink, tight from the top, and loose from the bottom. Her loose, blonde, curls were perfect, and made her light blue eyes pop. I'm so tired of hiding my feelings for her. I've been hiding them since the day I met her.

I love Bella, and not just as best friends, not just as family, but as something more.

"Is it too much?" Bella asked, biting her lip.

"It's perfect. You look beautiful." I said, smiling. "You really think so?" she said, looking in the mirror. "I'm positive." I reassured her. "Okay! Well then there's no need to try on the other ones, this ones my favorite." she said happily as she plopped down next to me.

I smiled. "So what now?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders. Just then, her face brightened up, she was having an idea. "What? What is it?" I asked. "You haven't slept over in forever! Why don't you sleep over tonight?" she asked, grinning.

"I don't see why not!" I said, grinning back at her. "Yay!" she squealed and kissed me lightly on the cheek as she always does.

I know that when she does this, it's just her showing her love for me as friends, but I wish she meant it as something more.

* * *

A few hours later, my parents left and Bella and I were sitting on the bean bags in her room.

"Okay, so what movie do you wanna watch?" she asked, and scooted her bean bag closer to mine. "Mean Girls?" I suggested. Her mouth dropped open in surprise. "You, Matthew Quinn, want to watch Mean Girls?" she asked, mockingly. "Actually, yes. Yes I do." I replied. I didn't really want to watch it, but I knew that Bella loved that movie, so if it made her happy. "Well, great! But before we watch it let's put on our pajamas." she said, getting up.

I nodded in agreement, and we both got up. We went to her closet, where she obviously had her pajamas, and I had some of mine there too since I spent the night here a lot.

We talked a little and she changed while I turned around, and vise versa.

But, my friend, this is where things got crazy.

I was putting my pajama pants on and Bella was facing the other way, and just as I was about to put my t shirt on, Bella turned around.

It's not like she's never seen me shirtless before, she has, plenty of times in fact. But this time, her reaction wasn't normal. She stared. For a really long time.

"Umm.." I said, awkwardly, trying to break the silence. "Eh, uhm, well.. sorry." Bella stuttered.

I put my shirt on and walked over to Bella, who was standing up. She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers, but she quickly looked down again. "What was that?" I asked, seriously, tilting her chin up to look at me. "What?" she asked. "You know what. The shirt thing." I answered. "I-I don't know." she admitted.

We were quiet for a while.

"For some reason, I've felt that something's been different with us lately. I'm not really sure what it is, and it's scaring me." she continued, "It's like, every time I'm near you for the past couple of months, I get really nervous, and I start talking a lot, and it feels like I'm going to throw up sometimes, and my hands get really really sweaty and-"

And in that moment, everything changed, because I kissed her. And it wasn't a best friend type of kiss. It was much, much, more.

------

Hey guys! (:

So I hope you all are enjoying the book so far. Sadly, I don't have many readers with this book yet. :(

But, hopefully, those that are reading my other book, "Swimmerboy", will read this one as well.

Thank you, and please READ & VOTE!