x

Truthfully, Harry was still worried about Louis. It'd been a week and a half since the hospitalization, and his mum flew from London to make sure the transition was smooth, although Harry knew Louis most likely tried to stoically deny her help. He only knew these things because Gemma had visited Louis everyday; at first, it was out of guilt, then it evolved into a true friendship between the two. If Harry were being honest, he hated it. He hated that Louis had stolen another part of his life, another piece of his mind. Gemma was like a good book you wanted to keep to yourself, or a secret that was too sweet to tell the world. She was too good for anyone, including Harry and especially Louis.

Now that he was working again, Harry had a lot to distract him from all the bullshit surrounding him. Whether it be a gala or a magazine spread, he was constantly surrounded by the world of fashion. He had even taken Elle up on their offer and flew to France again to model for his own cover. There was a certain kind of fame that Harry didn't mind because he didn't really have a fan base, per se, but many models and photographers knew him. It was the kind of fame that advanced his career but didn't involve paparazzi and crowds following him around every day, and for that, Harry was thankful. He recalled watching E! News because it was what Louis used to watch for one of the good-looking hosts, and they mentioned him once. It didn't do much but cause a bit of recognition and a flood of new Twitter and Instagram followers.

Today, he was shooting Aube Jolicoeur for Vogue, which was inspiring. Her story was truly beautiful, Harry thought. And she was humble despite walking for the likes of Marc Jacobs. He thought of Elia who was unapologetically confident, like Louis but more charming, but that didn't say much. A rock was more charming than Louis.

After his busy day of shooting a gorgeous girl, he hurried home and called another gorgeous girl.

"Harry! It's been a minute, hasn't it?" she said, genuinely happy to hear from him.

"El, how are you, love?" he questioned as he tossed his keys on the table and sank into his couch.

"Amazing, always busy. It's exciting!"

Harry smiled at her joy. At least someone was happy.

"The busy work will get old, El," he added cynically.

"Well, I'm sure you're enjoying your work nonetheless, Mr. Model," she giggled over the line.

Harry blushed. "Shut up."

"Right," she laughed before sighing heavily. "How's Louis?"

Of course, it always lead back to Louis. No matter what he did, everyone always spoke of Louis and asked about him. It was irritating. So what he was in the hospital? That was his own fault for drinking that much anyway.

"Fine," he answered shortly. He was bitter just from the thought of him.

"Ah, so you still hate him. I guess it's going to take more than a near-death experience for you to be cordial with him," she noted.

"Did I tell you he stole my sister away from me? Yeah, all they do is hang out and talk and whatever. It's a betrayal."

"Well," she questioned. "Is she happy?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "For now, until he ruins it."

"It takes two to ruin a relationship, Styles. You forget you're an asshole too," she pointed out.