xii

Harry threw himself into work now more than ever. He had no friends to distract him now; he declined every single one of Elia's and Gemma's calls and was waiting for one of them to give up if he were being honest. At one point he would've been flattered by their persistence, but now it only agitated him.

Today was his first interview with Vogue, and he was actually relatively excited. The vast amount of shoots he'd been modeling in and shooting had made him more famous. He even modeled for Gucci, which is something he never imagined doing.

After trying on multiple outfits, he finally decided on a lacy black button-up, dark jeans, and black booties with rose detailing. He knew he'd probably catch shit on the streets for his feminine attire, but he honestly couldn't possibly care less.

One last time, Harry listened closely for his downstairs neighbor and left only when he heard the sure sounds of his ex-husband playing piano, most definitely not leaving anytime soon to catch Harry on the lift.

With that, Harry strutted out of his apartment, leaving the problem that was Louis Tomlinson far behind him.

***

It'd been two weeks since she last spoke to Harry, and she most definitely felt an emptiness that could only come with losing her best friend. Her social life now only consisted of Louis, Jake, and Elia. She even cut off her best friend. Seeing the people who didn't understand what happened between them all that day wasn't easy, and she didn't want to begin to explain.

So here she sat, Elia's inky hair swirled in her lap as they sat on the couch and listened to Louis play. He'd gotten a call this morning from the director of the play Louis was composing that they were starting rehearsals soon. He'd already written all the songs, but he simply wanted a second opinion. Well, a second and third because nowadays Gemma and Elia went everywhere together.

As he played the last note of the last song, Louis looked up expectantly at his audience.

"So, what do you guys think?" He asked hopefully. Gemma's heart faltered at his need for validation. Before two weeks ago, Louis wouldn't have asked for anyone's assurance. He would've insisted his show was perfect. But Harry hurt him even if he wouldn't admit it.

"I love it," Elia smiled genuinely. They both loved it, truthfully. Louis needed this win.

"And you, Gem?" he questioned nervously.

She nodded. "Of course, love."

He thanked them both before stretching out of the piano bench and collapsing on the couch beside them.

"So, ladies," he sighed. "Are we in a Queer Eye mood or a Brooklyn 99 mood?"

Gemma pondered for a moment before grinning. "I'm in the mood for Chinese."

Louis rolled his eyes. "Is that you asking me to go get you food while you and Ms. Model over here laze about on my couch?"

Elia giggled from Gem's lap. "That's the plan, Tommo."

Begrudgingly, Louis shook his head at his two best friends and called in the order for their bloody Chinese.

***

To say the interview went well was an understatement. He left the fashionable building feeling exhilarated.