Favorite (PG)

Raise the curtains...

******

"Good morning Cleveland, FOX 8 Sports here and we are live at the Q Arena as the Cavs are gearing up for battle mode, preparing themselves for the big game tonight and I must say they look fantastic!"

"I hate the way this bitch talks, makes my head hurts" my best friend Aliya complained, sitting her fork down on top of her plate.

We were both in my hotel room watching the news this morning also preparing ourselves for tonight's game. Me and Aliya are apart of the Cleveland Cavaliers dance team. No, not the cheerleading team or a dance team that dances at the Q, no we're the new cheerleaders.

At the end of 2017 Cleveland announced auditions for a dance team for the Cavaliers. Out of fear and hope I dragged my feet and went to audition. By grace of God I was picked along with 19 other girls, one of those girls being Aliya. She's 21 and I'm 23. We got along quickly and have been close ever since.

This morning I got up, cooked breakfast for us both in our shared hotel room and now we were just sitting back watching the morning news. Of course it wouldn't be news if it didn't involve the Cavs being brought up.

They LOVED talking about them, and ever since the draft they've been the talk of the town.

"There go your man, RED", Aliya said nudging me playfully. Slick ass. But yet soon as his face came onscreen I couldn't stop the smile that crept on my face.

"Shut up Lea", I told her. I watched as the news woman excitedly interviewed Jordan Clarkson. The Jordan Clarkson! He was drafted here from the Lakers and I gotta tell ya, no one was more happier than me.

"Jordan it's so nice to have a moment with you right now, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good, great actually. Thank you"

"Aww he's so modest", Aliya teased laughing at my flushed face. I just kept my attention on Jordan.

I've crushed on Jordan since he been on the Lakers. It's only increased now that he's on our team and in our city.
Oh, and after I've met him.

You see it went like this...JR Smith and I are friends, we like brother and sister. So he calls me up a couple days after the draft wanting to come drink and chill with me and Aliya. Something us friends do just to hang out. So he comes over and he has the new guys with him. Including Mr. Jordan Clarkson.

I was hyped to meet him especially after his amazing game in Boston. He was on fire and I was so excited we got him on the team. So it's me and him talking and chilling the entire time they're in my room.

Call me crazy but I was feeling something for that boy that night. We've been kicking it ever since then and I'm proud of him and all he's doing for Cleveland.

"Jordan I have to ask, how are you adjusting to being in Cleveland since the draft?"

Jordan shifted on his feet, "I'm enjoying myself y'know? It wasn't so much the team I had to adjust too it's more so, the city, ya know? So I'm just trying to adjust to a new city and a new change in my life"

As I listened to him talk he sounds just the same as when I had asked him about being drafted. Of course with me it was more conversation following after.

"Well that's good, how are you and your new team?"

"We're great, I get along with them really well, no problems there. They're good mentors and great teammates"

"And how about all the excitement that comes with being a Cavalier?"

Jordan smiled, "Cleveland is definitely a hype city. This place treats you like royalty from the faculty to the fans and The energy is amazing. I just can't wait for our first home game tonight. Can't wait for the fans to cheers us, hype us up , and uh...oh! And for the girls, I heard our dance team is amazing"

I chuckled at that answer and Aliya laughed. "This man clowning now", she said.

"Yes they're fantastic! Have you met the girls? Any of them?"

Jordan bit his lip, "a couple of them. Not the whole team just yet"

"Man, can't even ask who's your favorite" the reporter pressed.

"Oh no I have a favorite ", Jordan commented.

"Oh really?" The reporter asked shockingly. "Who is she, if you don't mind mind me asking?"

Jordan chuckled and looked into the camera, "Maranda. Maranda Bryant is my favorite"

Aliya screamed, busting one of my eardrums out.

"BITCHHH!!!! HE JUST GAVE YOU A SHOUTOUT!!! THATS YOUR BAE!"

"Aliya, be quiet! I think the world heard you sis" I teased her, talking through my big ass smile. I returned my attention back to the TV.

"Wow! Ok ! Well I know you're excited about tonight's halftime performance then", the reporter joked.

"Oh most definitely", Jordan said seriously.

"Well good luck tonight and thank you for your time", she said sending him off. He said his thanks and ran back on the court.

"Bitch, I can't believe!! I like him, that's real right there!!!!"

I just playfully rolled my eyes at her, my phone dinged letting me know I got a text message.

Jordan 💞💞 - See you tonight, favorite 😘

"That's yo bae?! Happy ass bitch!" She
said sticking her tongue out. I threw my pillow at her, "shut up Aliya!"

Part 2 Coming....