Angst

'I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I saw a galaxy in your eyes when you couldn't find a star in mine.'

It was our second year anniversary. Heedo was on tour with his band, Boys In Groove. Their work had picked up since the idol and Heedo became a favourite of the public eye. I was proud of my boyfriend.

I remember the nights that we use to share, alone in the bed. He'd tell me how one day I would be able to lean on him and he would support me emotionally and financially like I was doing to him now. How when everything was sorted he would place a gemstone restricted by gold on my left ring finger and how we'd have kids together and create the perfect family. It was all so dreamy.

The thing that captured my heart about Heedo was the way he spoke about the raps he wrote. Every time he would tell me lyrics or actually rap for me, it's like his eyes would sparkle, lit with the light of a thousand stars. Every time he had something new, he would come home excited and I knew from that moment that he first came home so excited to see me and tell me about his passion, that he was the last man I ever wanted to love. His commitment to his team and the time he had to spend away from me for tours never affected how close we were and how much we loved each other.

Although Heedo never made our relationship officially public, I understood why. An idol that's big career is just starting out, dating a teacher. It doesn't look good to the fans, but I didn't mind. I knew it meant nothing compared to the love we had.

At least, that's what I thought.

Our second year anniversary. Although I wasn't picky about Heedo being home for most events, he knew how important our anniversary was to me. Yet Heedo wasn't home. I pinned it down to the fact that he needed to practice, he'd come home tonight. I knew he would.

Slowly, as time passed, it had became 3 am and Gunmin we live on Vlive. I decided to watch and see what they were up to.

The background of the Vlive was a club of sorts. I notice Heedo's familiar face and body shape in the background grinding with a girl. Heedo, who seemed so happy, now looked as if he didn't know who I was, but the saddest thing was, I couldn't be angry at him, because he finally looked free.

Heedo looked like himself when I had first seen him on tv. Not the small smiles he placed on his face around me, no, he looked genuinely happy. His happiness made me realise, I couldn't hold on to him if it wasn't meant to be, if being like this is what made him truly happy, I didn't want to be the one to stop him. I would be happy just knowing how happy he is.

Instead, I packed my bags and placed them in my car. I go inside the house one last time before leaving. I reminisce on all the good memories I thought we shared and my face, I knew at this point, held a sad smile.

I rip a small piece out of my old notepad and write a small note.

Heedo, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I saw a galaxy in your eyes but you couldn't find a single star in mine. Please - don't ever lose your galaxy.

And with my final sigh, I left before Heedo returned home.

Heedo's point of view - Returning home

All of last night was a blur. I can't remember much after practicing. The boys suggested that we all go out for drinks. I remember feeling like I had something to do, but I didn't know what, but after returning home, I finally remembered. My second year anniversary with (First name).

The table was still set from what (first name) must he done last night. I check the fridge and sure enough, there is a pot filled with my favourite dish. I knew I needed to apologise. I walk up stairs to our bedroom. I knock on the door softly and it creaks open a little. I push the door open wider and inside, I see the bed -both sides - made up and left as they were when I left the house yesterday. Now that I thought about it, I didn't recall seeing (first name)'s car in the driveway.

I quickly head downstairs to the lounge room and look for something, anything. Just something to tell me where to find her, or even just that (first name) is okay.

A small green slip of paper rests on the coffee table. I walk over and see my name as the first word. After reading, I realise what it meant. Was this just because I didn't come home last night?

I check my phone and I see a text from Gunmin.
'Heedo, you should probably check last night's Vlive. I'm sorry, man.'

I feel a restriction in my stomach as I open our Vlive channel. Watching the most recent Vlive, I see my drunken self in the background in the club. I was grinding on some woman, or she was grinding on me, but I didn't matter, because I messed up. I messed up on such an important date to (First name) and I have no doubt that (First name) seen that video. If only (First name) knew just how much love I held and how much our relationship meant to me. If I had said so, would I still be here, standing alone? Would I still feel as if there was now an empty void where my heart was suppose to be? I didn't deserve a person like (First name) if this is what I was going to be like. And now, I know.