Chapter 5: Time travelling to be eaten

I kept my guard up as Russel kept looking my way endlessly then back at the two other leaders. It was a little while then that Tyler literally blew a fuse and slammed his fists on the crystal table in front of them. "Stop looking at her as if she's a spectacle you b******!" he shouted. Vince didn't move a muscle and neither did the grim reaper. He just sighed before shrugging. He smiled the same smile he had given everyone in the room. With a chillingly stern voice, he spoke in complete composure, "Am I not allowed to look at her? For what I have heard, she is not yours. Not Vincent's. Not Jason's. Not Alexus'. Not Evan's," he chuckled and added, "and not mine either." Tyler could only bite his tongue at his comeback and the silence continued.

I couldn't take the heavy atmosphere in the room. It didn't only build up in the three who seemed like they had a tension already in their relationship but to everyone in the room. Not me included. I stared at them. I knew they were talking about something telepathically again. I couldn't stop myself from speaking and ended up telling them what I thought. "What are you guys fighting about..?" I voiced out, strained. My words were coated with anxiety and worry. A worry that they might tell me something I didn't wanna know. I flinched when I saw Vince's eyes. They were just... void. They looked at me as if telling me coldly to shut up. I bit my lower lip out of feeling my inferiority.

Jason looked at me with a sad frown before patting my head. I looked at him and he smiled. "How about we go outside. You look like you're doing better," he said and I nodded, still feeling a bit upset at how I was treated. I finally stood up from my bed and walked to the door. But before I left, I still didn't want to give Vincent the satisfaction of being able to look down on me. I turned around and glared at him intensely but still lacking superiority thatn that of his. "I-I'm not your servant or maid, King Vincent! If you wanna shut me up then tell me not just glare at me! Lazy a**!" I said before leaving with Jason walking a bit of distance from me. He giggled little when we arrived outside.

I gave him a cold glare, obviously a bit offended how he seemed to be laughing at me and my comment. He apologized and pat my head, "I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you. You just reminded me of someone I knew. Actually..." his smile filled with gladness turned into a sad one, "some people I knew." I gave him a glance and he immediately apologized again.

Curiosity was never one of my good qualities and it was just proven further earlier but I just can't seem to take it off of me. "I remind you of some people? Who? What are they like?" I asked and his eyes darkened.

"Exactly like you," he said and I could only give him a confused look.

"What do you mean by that--" I was wanting to hear his response to my question but then Russel suddenly appeared behind Jason.

"Are you going to tell her, Jase?" He asked and I saw Jason visibly bite down his lip with his fangs. Not kidding. They were fangs. For real. His lip started bleeding, it was scary and must've been painful. Russel chuckled before patting on Jason's shoulder. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding! You need to relax Jase. Plus. You should have gotten over it by now. We've been through this a hundred thousand times. 198,790 times to be exact," he added. The look on Jason's face didn't leave though. He looked enraged. I haven't seen him this way before. Because we just met. That much is obvious.

"Are you guys done talking?" Jason asked.

"No," answered Russel.

"Huh? Then what are you doing here?" I asked him. I don't know why but I feel like I can talk to this guy more casually than to the others. He smiled and pet me on the head and I glared at him with a pout. "Don't mess my hair you wanker."

"Hahaha! You're as cute as ever (y/n)!" He said making me pout more. This guy really is easy to talk to. Not long, Jason pulled me away from Russel's hand nearer to him. He growled at the grim reaper and hugged me tight. I still don't know why he's being so protective. "You know... even though they act the same and look alike, (y/n) is not your sister," the redhead said. I looked at him bewildered before looking at Jason who had a pained expression.