Clues

Just like I said in my other stories, I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. I will try to update more often and I'm sorry for the wait.

That's all I have to say so enjoy the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope's POV

Max is dead. The police won't investigate and they say he OD'd and Roy has an arrow in his leg. When did life get so complicated? 

I sigh as Sin and I sit on the bed by Roy while Caleb paces back and forth across the length of the room. I curse under my breath as I hear the knock at the door. This is just what I need right now.

"Thea, it's Ollie. Open the door," comes the voice from the hallway. Everyone in the room except Caleb tenses. Ollie already doesn't like Roy, I don't need him thinking hanging out with Roy will get me in trouble. Although, Caleb already seems to think that and he hasn't said anything.

"Not now, Ollie," I call, too focused on the arrow in Roy's leg to respond.

"Speedy, open the door!" insists Ollie, sounding annoyed now.

"Is Mom with you?" I ask as I approach the door. Mom will definitely never let me see Roy again if she finds out about this.

"No." I open the door a crack, allowing Ollie to raise his eyebrows at me. "What's going on?"

"I didn't want Mom to see." Ollie seems genuinely calm as he shrugs. Lucky him, he doesn't know what to expect.

"See what?" I open the door wider, stepping aside to let Ollie see. Sin and Caleb look up from Roy as Ollie fixes his gaze on the three of them. He doesn't say a word, walking towards the bed while I shut the door again. I fall into step with him quickly. "What happened to him?"

"The vigilante decided to use him as target practice," I remark, a note of annoyance plain in my voice. "You're right. The guy's a psycho." Ollie seems like he wants to say something at that but decides against it. 

I go to sit on the edge of the bed near Caleb who continues to pace like he's extremely conflicted. I make a mental note to ask him about that later before turning my attention back to Ollie.

"Why didn't you go to the hospital?"

"In this city, an arrow's the same as a bullet if you want the cops involved," replies Roy, his breathing labored because of the pain. I place a hand on his shoulder when I see him wince although he does his best to hide it.

"Mom actually likes Roy but, something tells me she'd revoke his tree-trimming invitation if she found out he was messing around with The Hood," I add, glaring at Roy as I finish. Ollie comes closer to the bed, looking awkward.

"Hi," he says to Sin who nods in return. Ollie picks up a towel, surprisingly calm for someone who just found out his little sister's boyfriend has an arrow through his leg and hangs around with an arrow-wielding maniac. "Roy, this is gonna hurt," he warns.

"My anger's dulling the pain," counters Roy.

"This'll dull it better," points out Sin, lifting up the bottle of bourbon she'd been holding. Roy takes the bottle from her, taking a swig as Ollie prepares to pull the arrow out of his leg. Caleb finally stops his pacing to watch but continues to anxiously rub his hands together.

"You okay?" I whisper, tugging on his sleeve. Caleb nods a little too vigorously, still rubbing his hand together as if to warm them.

"Blood makes me squeamish," he whispers back. I raise my eyebrows but drop the subject. Still, what kind of bodyguard isn't used to the sight of blood?