Chapter one: land-ho!

hi! I'm Arianna. Also secretly Lightning Girl! My best friend Deza doesn't even know I'm LG.

Deza and I are spending this fabulous sunny day on a boat. Just lounging around getting tans is Deza's way to spend today, but I wanted to go swimming. So, my dad suggested to go boating. At first, Deza didn't want to go, but I convinced that she'd have more fun getting tans and smelling the salty water. So, she gave in.

"oh my gosh! Arianna!" Deza suddenly screams

"what could possibly be wrong?" I wondered aloud

"There's a fish in the boat!" She wailed

And sure enough, there was a fish flopping around about 10 feet away from our feet. I bent down and picked it up.Deza Screamed. I gently placed it in the water and started to paddle to shore when i realised we were lost. "Oh no." I sighed

"What now!?" Deza asked

"Other than the fact we're in the middle of the ocean lost, nothing." I joked

Then Deza screamed once more. I cautiously stood up and looked around. After seeing no land near us, i sat down again.

"We're lost! Hopelessly lost!" Wailed deza.

I sighed and jumped off the boat. Deza Screamed. Once i was under water, i felt tingling in my legs and feet. I looked down to see a glistening tail instead of feet.

I swam up to see deza. She looked like she was having a heart attack when she saw me.

"Arianna? Um...your, um, legs?" She stammered

"Yes, I know. The flourescent yellow it giving me heartburn." I Joked. "Come on! You can swim really fast with this tail!"

So deza eased herself into the water anf her feet were instantly transformed into a hot pink tail.

"Woa!" Deza gasped

"Yeah, wow!" I gasped

We found land in no time, because of our speed. So we went back to get out boat and bring it to shore. Once we met up with the boat, I noticed I had highlites.

"Deza? How long have I had these?"I asked pointing to the black streak in my ponytail.

"Since you got your tail" she logically stated.

"Mom's gonna kill me!"

"You won't see your mom for a while, enjoy it while it lasts."

The logic behind deza's statement was so true, I felt like crying. Deza new this because she lost her dad when she was five. Im not sure how, but im afraid to ask.

So, instead, I got up onto the boat, almost tipping it over. Instantly, my legs were transformed into legs. I smiled and wiggled my toes.

Editor's note: I am fully aware of the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. I wrote this book when i was in eighth grade, so don't judge. Just bear with me. The exciting stuff hapens later. Thank you!