Chapter 4

Some people are worth melting for.

-Frozen.

×××Playlist×××

'Where did you go?' He asked when I finally came back after the last bell rang.

'Nowhere.' I shrugged. 'As crazy as it may be for you to believe, you are a handful and I do need a break from your craziness from time to time.'

He rolled his eyes. 'Says the ghost that haunted/stalked me for five months.'

This time I rolled my eyes. 'Get over yourself. It's like I wanted to follow you around.'

'Right. It was pure torture yet you did it for FIVE months.'

'Shut up.' I rolled my eyes. 'Do your friends know you're volunteering at the library?'

'You wouldn't.' His eyes narrowed.

'I already blackmailed you. Do you really think humiliation is beyond me?' I asked sardonically.

'I hate you. Have I ever mentioned that?' He arched a brow.

'Couple of times. It makes my day every time. Oh and you don't even have to worry about that thing they say about unrequited feelings because I hate you too.'

'You're really enjoying this, aren't you?'

'More than you can imagine.' I smirked and made a wide sweeping gesture with my hands as his friends advanced on us.

'I hate you.'

'Warms my heart.'

'I doubt you have one.' He countered.

'Keeps me awake at night.' I grinned.

Three.

Two.

One.

'Gavin, what's up?' Leo asked slapping his shoulder. Gavin shrugged him off.

'Nothing. Why?' Gavin replied defensively.

'Dude, the team is celebrating not getting caught for beating up that Lizard at Stefan's Diner.' Tom said.

'And?' Gavin frowned even though we both knew what was coming next. He was dreading it. I was revelling in it.

'Bro, you're team captain. And this was your idea. You can't bail.' Leo chipped in.

'Go on. Tell them how you have to bail because you volunteered to help out at the library.' I smirked. While he didn't say anything, the look he gave me painted a very clear picture of what he was thinking.

'It's okay. I hate you too.' I beamed.

'I gotta bail guys.' He said, looking visibly uncomfortable. He nervously ran a hand through his hair.

'Why?' Tom asked.

'I'm volunteering at the library.' He muttered quietly.

'They didn't hear you.' I smirked.

'What?' Leo frowned.

'I'm volunteering at the library.' He glared, mentally daring them to laugh.

'Library?' Leo gaped. 'You? Volunteer?'

'Dude you don't even know where the library is.' Tom chuckled. 'What's really going on?'

'As crazy as it sounds, yes I am volunteering at the library.' He snapped irritatedly.