Chapter 1

Do you ever get the feeling when you wake up where you would give anything to stay in bed for the rest of your life and avoid what the day has planned for you.

I so feel that right now.

I don't want to go to school, I get bullied by pupils and teachers both.

Even my brother Toby is too caught up in being cool to bother standing up for me. And were supposed to be twins.

my name is Ellen. I'm fourteen years old. I have short blonde hair and blue eyes. I look almost exactly like my brother because of my short hair. We used to be so close. I cut my hair so we could look the same, we wore the same clothes, played with the same kids. I have no idea what happened. After our Ma died he just shut everyone out of his life, including me. I choose not to dwell on the past and just get on with my life. Making it through one week of college at a time.

I get up and get ready for school, thank goodness I don't need to take the bus anymore, kids would throw my stuff out the window and call me names. I start the long walk to school with my headphones in, the music turned up loud.

I arrive at my college. It's quiet, too quiet. Maybe this is some kind of a sick joke played on my by my peers. Damn them.

I enter my form room to see a strange sight - all of the kids lie slumped across their desks, unconscious.

Toby stands at the front.