Day 1: Was Ist Gut?

"Alright girls! I slept until noon, so I'm going to stay up all night with you guys at the festival!" I cheered.

       "(Y/n), don't try to fool yourself. You love sleep too much. Even if you're not tired you'll still probably take a power-nap at the bar!" Bella laughed.

      "Oh, shush. It's better that I take a power-nap so that I'll be fully aware when I have to drag you home drunk." The other two girls in the car, Katyusha and Natalia giggled.

      "... fine. You win." Bella surrendered as she parked the car. "Let's get wasted, girls!" She hollered.

All four of us cheered as we got out of the car. Through the mob of people, we spotted rides, stands, vendors, and of course a large building that was practically flooding with people. I assumed that was where all the beer was.

"I can't believe you're not wearing a dirndl, (y/n)." Natalia scoffed.

"I'm not German so I feel weird wearing one!" I defended.

"You're so lame." Bella joked. "Ninety percent of the people here aren't German, but the majority are completely decked out in dirndls and lederhosen!" She said.

We tried to talk with each other as we entered the festival, but it was so crowded that we couldn't even hear each other when we were yelling as loud as we could.

"DO YOU ALL HAVE YOUR PHONES!!?" I screamed.

"YES AND I HAVE A PORTABLE CHARGER TOO!" Katyusha screamed.

       "WHERE IS NATALIA?" Bella yelled.

       "WHAT?" Katyusha and I asked.

       "WHERE IS NATALIA!?!"

       "FELIZ NAVIDAD?" I asked.

       "WHERE IS NATALIA?!?"

       "BOKU HETALIA?!?" Katyusha suggested.

       "WHERE. IS. NATALIA?!?"

       "OOOOOH! I DONT KNOW!" I screamed.

       "OH NO! MY SISTER IS GONE!!" Katyusha screamed. She began to cry and yell Natalia's name into the crowd, several men stopping to stare at her big ol' knockers as she ran.

       I turned around again and Bella was gone too.

Dumbass university girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waded through the crowd and eventually got into the beer tent. There were hundreds of people in this one building, maybe into the thousands.

I walked around for about twenty minutes, and the only seat I could see was a single seat at a bar. I quickly snagged it, knowing it would be gone in a matter of seconds.

"One Schwarzbier, please." I asked the girl behind the counter, in a dirndl, and put some money on the counter.

     I decided to scroll through Twitter as i waited for my drink to arrive. Day drinking alone was bad enough, I might as well act busy instead of sitting here like a sack of potatoes.

     "Here you go, sir. Enjoy!" The other bartender said politely as she placed a beer in front of the man next to me.

     It was the perfect beer if you will. Just the perfect amount of froth, good aroma. Looks frickin' delicious.

     "Excuse me?" I said to get the bartenders attention. "If it's not too late, I'll have what he's having." I told her. She rolled her eyes and proceeded.

       "Ja, awesome choice lady!" A man two seats down from me yelled. "This guy really knows his stuff!" He said as he patted the shoulder if the man next to me.

       "Gilbert, leave her alone." The man next to me said, extremely tiredly. He turned to me. "I must apologize about my brother." He said. He didn't even give me a chance for an "It's okay" or number a exchange or anything before turning away from me and back towards his brother again.

       "One Weihenstephaner Vitus for you!" The bartender said as she slammed my drink down in front of me, spilling a bit onto the counter.

       "Thank you." I told her as I handed over a tip.

       The beer was exactly as I expected it to be. It was somewhat fruity, and completely amazing.

       I thought of chugging it. I am in university, after all. It's what we do.

       I wound up not chugging it like an American frat boy. I savored every sip. After all, this wasn't some wild party. No need to act like it was, even if there is a guy getting dragged out by the bouncers for mooning the waitress.

       After it was done, I almost ordered another. However, I wound up gathering the balls to tap the big, scary man from earlier on the shoulder.

       "Hm?" He grunted as he turned in my direction. 

       "Uh,hi... I was wondering, um," I stuttered. This guy was terrifying. Why did I try to ask? Horrible idea,  just horrible!

      He squinted his eyes at me before turning back around.

      "No, wait!" I said as I grabbed his shoulder again.

      "Please do not touch me. I do not know you." He requested (although it sounded more like a command). I quickly retrieved my hand.

     "Sorry! I just wanted to ask if you what is good? The Westenheiffer Vitus was great!" I said.

      "It's Weihenstephaner Vitus, be careful when you're talking beer with him!" His brother laugh-warned me.

      "That's what I meant!" I said quickly. I couldn't really control it, but my hands were starting to shake. I felt like his gaze could see straight through my soul, and his stone-cold features showed he was most likely not a friendly man.

      "If you liked that, then get Weihenstephaner Korbinian. It has a hint of chocolate and toffee taste to it alongside the fruit, so don't order if you don't like that." He told me.

     "No, no, I like that!" I said as my legs began to turn into jelly. Thank god I was sitting on a stool.   "Sorry to bother you!" I blurted.

      Released from his verbal prison, the man turned back to his brother.

      I ordered the beer in question, and reopened Twitter, my heart going berserk inside of my chest. 

     I realized I was sweating quite a bit, and more than likely blushing. I wiped my fingers in some of the beer spilled earlier and wiped the cool liquid on my cheeks to cool them down.

     "-have a thing for her!" I overheard Gilbert say. I looked over and saw him poking his brother's large chest.

     "Nein." He grunted. The floor seemed to shake, and I was surprised the sound of his voice didn't trigger Ragnarok.

     "You didn't smite her immediately, which counts for something! I'm proud! This is totally awesome!" Gilbert said.

    At this moment, my beer arrived and I decided to butt out of the conversation.

    It was fruity and chocolate-y, as the scary man has said it would be, but also delicious. Also as he said it would be.

     Once I finished, I just put some money on the counter and practiced the good old Irish exit. Once out of the tent, I decided to look for my friends.

     48 minutes and 31 seconds later, I had finally found Natalia,consoled Katyusha, and hoisted Bella's drunk ass onto my back.

    I passed out as soon as we reached the hotel.