The arrangement & the deal

My fathers kingdom is under attac and we do'nt have the man power to make a army strong enough to defend our kingdom from the ogre wars. My father has planned for me to meet sutters from other kingdoms and to marry one to make our kindom stronger. I was all dressed for riding when I walked outside to the stables, my father was waiting for me. "Good morning Papa. Why aren't you dressed for ridding?" I asked as I pet my horse. "There has been a change of plans Belle, I am going to take care of some things, but I got you a new ridding partner." I gave him a look. "This isn't another set is it, Papa ?" I asked. "Belle, the Ogre's will be here soon, This man, Gaston." "Wait, Gaston?" I asked. "Yes, you now him?" My father asked hopeful. "I've heard of him, He's arrogant and- My father put his hand up. "You can't judge people by what you hear about them. Give him a chance. Our kingdom needs to get stronger by you marring." I crossed my arms. "Papa, I want to marry for love." He put his hands on my shoulders. "Belle, you have a duty to your people. You will learn to the love the man I pick. I know it." I moved away from him. You pick?" I asked. "Yes, you are taking to long. I have picked Gaston as your husband. You will be married at the end of fall." I shook my head. "No!" He took a step closer. "It has been decided and arranged. You will marry Gaston and save our people." A tear slid down my face. "What if there is another way." He took a deep breath. "There is not. I'm sorry but it has been decided. You are twenty-one, it's time you settle down and start a family." I crossed my arms. Mother would not like this." He crossed his arms. "Your Mother married me by arrangement. It's settle!" I turned and ran out of the stables and to the meadow. I fell into the grass and began to cry. I will find another way, I have to the end of fall.

After weeks of reading and studying over charts I found another way. I went to my fathers thrown room. "Papa! I have found another way!" I interrupted his meeting. "Belle I am in the middle of a very important meeting." I put my hand full of books on the table. "Papa, There is a man, a very powerful man, he can help us. He makes deals with people and helps them. The Dark one Rump- My father yelled stop. "Don't speak it's name." I was confused. "He can help." my father shook his head. "I will not make a deal with that beast. He is worse than any Ogre!" I opened a book. "but." He threw my books to the floor. "Enough." He pointed at me. "I will not contact that thing! that...that beast! Now we have important things to do." He has never looked so evilly at me before. I picked my books up and walked out slamming the door as I went. If he won't contact the Dark one, I will. I sent him a letter promising Gold and all there was to do now is wait. A week passed and I had given up, maybe the story's were lies. "Wrong dearie." I jumped and looked around and saw a man with green skin that looked like flaks of gold was mixed in. "You sent me a message something like ' Help can you save us?' He grinned wickedly. "The answer is yes, I can. For a price." I gulped. "I sent a promise of gold." I said looking him over. "Well you see I um make gold. What I want is something more special." I looked him in the eye. "Whatever it takes to save my people and get me out of my engagement." He grinned. "My price is you." I was shocked. "W-what would you want me for?" He took a step closer." Don't worry dearie, I'm not looking for love. I need a caretaker for my rather large estate. It's you or no deal." I took a step closer. "If I do this, my friends and family will all live?" He smirked. "You have my word dearie." I took a deep breath. "Then I-I will go with you." His deep brown eyes looked deep into my soul. "It's forever dearie." I took another step closer. "I will go with you, forever!" The door opened and my father walked in shocked with Gaston in toe. "Belle what are you doing with this beast?" The Dark one looked a fended. "I have done what you would not, I made a deal with him." He turned to them. "Congratulations on your little war." Gaston drew his sward. "Step away from the lady." The Dark one tilted his head and smiled. "The lady belongs to me." My father looked to me. "Belle?" I walked to him pulling him into a hug. "I made a deal with him that if I were to go with him forever than he would protect our kingdom." I looked at his face. "Belle, no...no." I  stepped back. "I did it for our people." He grabbed my arm. "Belle you can't I forbid it." I shook my head fighting of tears. "It's to late. And nobody decides my fate but me!" The dark one stepped closer and pointed at me. "You know, she's right. The deal has been struck." He giggled. "Come along dearie." He put his hand on my back and led me out of the library.

Once we were at his home, the dark castle. He was sitting at the head of a long table. "You will fetch me fresh straw why I am spinning." I shook my head. "Yes I -I understand." I sat the tea tray down on the table. "You will cook my meals and clean my castle." I sat a tea cup down. "Yes." I looked up and saw him smirk. "You will clean my clothes." I shook my head and poured the tea and picked up the cup. "And you will skin the children I hunt for there pelts." I gasped and dropped the cup looking at him as he smiled. "That one was a quip dearie not serious." I took a deep breath. "Right." I bent down and picked it up. "Oh, it's it is um it's chipped." I began to shake as I  stood. "You, um you can hardly see it." I glanced up at him as he looked at me with an unreadable expression. "It's just a cup." I finally let out my breath. "R-right." I got him a new cup and handed it to him. He watched me as I walked out of the room. Leaning against the wall I took deep breaths. I can do this. I walked back in and he smiled at me. "You will never get any work done in that." He said standing. He walked to me and looked me over. He moved his hand in the air and a cloud of purple magic surrounded me as I was changed from my yellow dress  into a blue dress and black flat shoes. "That's better." I was in aw. "it's beautiful. Thank you." He smirked and playfully bowed and walked away calling back as he walked out the door way. "Get to work now  dearie!" The large doors closed magically.